PDA

View Full Version : Lenox KERFmaster?

Phil Thien
05-07-2010, 8:50 PM
Spectrum Supply seems to be the only once for the "Lenox KERFMaster." The www.lenoxsaw.com (http://www.lenoxsaw.com) page seems to say nothing about a blade stock called KERFMaster. The specs of the KERFMaster stocks seem to be identical to the stocks the WoodSlicer/Blade Runner are available in.

Has anyone confirmed these blades are made from Lenox stock? Any other suppliers than Spectrum? Has anyone compared them to a WoodSlicer or Blade Runner?

Van Huskey
05-07-2010, 9:17 PM
Spectrum Supply seems to be the only once for the "Lenox KERFMaster." The www.lenoxsaw.com (http://www.lenoxsaw.com) page seems to say nothing about a blade stock called KERFMaster. The specs of the KERFMaster stocks seem to be identical to the stocks the WoodSlicer/Blade Runner are available in.

Has anyone confirmed these blades are made from Lenox stock? Any other suppliers than Spectrum? Has anyone compared them to a WoodSlicer or Blade Runner?

I have not confirmed that they are from Lenox stock, I took it on faith as they are listed as such but in sorta a convaluted way. The blades appear in person to be identical to the Highlands and Iturra blades you mention, they are just cheaper. I have not found any difference between the performance of the three. I don't know of any other supply house that sells them BUT if it is indeed Lenox stock I don't know what Lenox may call the actual stock. It is probably a meat industry blade and Lenox may indeed make it and just call it the Ribeye master or who knows what.

Phil Thien
05-07-2010, 9:37 PM
It is probably a meat industry blade and Lenox may indeed make it and just call it the Ribeye master or who knows what.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm the Ribeye Master. :D

I know that the WoodSlicer and Blade Runner are made from Atlanta Sharptech blade stock.

Maybe I'll call Spectrum, or drop them an E-mail.

You know what would be nice? If someone made a thin-kerf bimetal blade with a 3/4 VP tooth. Basically, a WoodSlicer/Blade Runner in bimetal.

I really like the 3/4 VP tooth for noise (they're quiet). And I like the thin kerf because I have a small saw. And I'd like bimetal because I've been cutting a lot of wood that is high in silica.