PDA

View Full Version : Now this is a band saw

Peter Quinn
05-06-2010, 9:18 PM
I just ran into this doing a search for something else. WOW. WOW. WOW. I am still having trouble wrapping my head around this one. Table stays flat, whole band saw moves in an arc around the work. Nice. Now I have to start saving or a new band saw again!:D

If part of you doesn't want this saw, you are not a tool junkie. If prt of you wants two, one right and one left tilt, get immediate help.

http://www.factorynew.com/detail.aspx?Recnum=SB-300743

Not affiliated with these people, just saw this thing and thought WOW.

Peter Quinn
05-06-2010, 9:21 PM
Will someone please email this to Shiraz so he can take that silly "ULTIMATE BS" monicker off of his machines. Clearly this is more ultimate than most?

Ken Fitzgerald
05-06-2010, 9:32 PM
I suspect the market for those is sooooooooooooo small that Shiraz might admire the saw but won't even consider bringing a competing model to market.

Just a wild guess.....

Dan Friedrichs
05-06-2010, 9:32 PM
Wow... wouldn't you love to see a video of that thing being used?

Glad to see the tilt mechanism is motorized - I imagine that would be hard to move by hand...

Van Huskey
05-06-2010, 9:38 PM
Cool...but. There isn't really much of me that wants one, even with the free space it isn't much of a WWing BS, the max blade width is rather puny for a SERIOUS resaw machine. There are several Agazzanis and Lagunas I would take over it even if it was free. Now if I had a metal shop... :D

Wes Grass
05-06-2010, 9:45 PM
Friend of mine might have a couple bigger than that. Came out of an old shipyard. Pretty hard to keep a big timber up on an angled table.

Jeff Willard
05-06-2010, 9:59 PM
Yep, boatbuilders saw.

lowell holmes
05-07-2010, 8:20 AM
They have one at Mystic Seaport.