PDA

View Full Version : Tool gloat - JT Tools Rotary Adapter and Hand Wheels

Mike Minto
05-05-2010, 8:34 PM
Just came today. Sold my OneWay adapter, which worked very well, but having to remove it in order to remove a spindle drive was annoying - now I have a handwheel all the time, and removing the rotary adapter is just a matter of 'unplugging' it. Fits both my Jet 1642 and 1014. Saw this in a post of Steve S's. (BTW, Tom S of JT Tools is a very nice guy, and just came up with a swing-away attachment for the Jet 1642 lathe's tailstock - about time someone did).

Steve Schlumpf
05-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Mike - congrats on your new adapter! You will love how easy it is to use!

Tom's a great guy and has been working hard developing a lot of new tools for the turner! He just came out with a complete vacuum system which I think Bernie picked up a little while ago. Check it out: http://www.jtturningtools.com/

Bernie Weishapl
05-05-2010, 10:57 PM
You are going to love them Mike. I have them now on all three of my lathes. I just unplug from one lathe and plug into the next. That is sweet.

Moshe Eshel
05-06-2010, 1:16 AM
Thank you guys for pointing me to this website, I have never seen so MANY tools/accessories I ACTUALLY need in a single place - and they all look spectacular.
Vacuum is still in the future (budget wise), but the Offset toolrest (http://www.jtturningtools.com/offset-toolrest) - I do not understand how I never found it before... it is a great idea and execution!

Thom Sturgill
05-06-2010, 2:35 PM
Good gloat.
He has some very inventive solutions. Prices are a little high, but that's understandable because I'm sure production quantity is low and quality one-offs cost. Maybe the parts Robust is using will come down when he gears up to fulfill their needs.

I like the tail-stock swing-away as well as the vacuum connector and kit. The swing away, at least, is on my short-list to buy, and I'll probably buy the vacuum connector. I have the holdfast system for my mini and like it, but it is a pain to attach, and running the compressor is noisy, though I'm not sure a vacuum pump would be that much quieter.