PDA

View Full Version : High School Football

Mark J Bachler
11-18-2004, 2:52 PM
The Shell Lake Lakers Football Team just won the State Championship in Div.7 by beating the Burlington Catholic Central Hill Toppers by a score of 35 to 0. Bunch of big tough farm boys up here.

Gooooooo Lakers!!!!

Donnie Raines
11-18-2004, 3:13 PM
High School ball is big time in our area, too. We have 4-5(maybe 6??..) teams ranked in the top 10 in the state...and three nationally ranked. The state champs are right here in town, too. It big time...almost the best sports going..except for collage.

Ron Jones near Indy
11-18-2004, 10:03 PM
Congrats to the Lakers. The Tri-West Bruins will travel to Brownstown, IN tomorrow night for the class AA semi-state. The winner will play at the RCA Dome on Friday after Thanksgiving for the state championship. Bruins have won 20 in a row and are defenting champs. GO BRUINS!!! :D I have taught in this school and am now at the middle school that feeds in to it. Yes, high school sports are the best. :)

Kevin Beck
11-19-2004, 10:23 AM
Yes, nothing like high school sports. I enjoy watching both high school and college football but would rather dig a ditch that watch an NFL game. Those kids will remember their state championship for the rest of their lives. December 7 will be the 25th anniversary of my high school team winning the state championship and I still have special memories of my team mates and my coaches. This was my school's (Ernest Ward High School, Walnut Hill, FL) first football state championship and the first good season after many years of really being bad.

We were a bunch of North Florida farmboys and beat a bunch of rich kids from the Benjamin School from Palm Beach, Florida. Jack Nicklaus was at the game, two of his sons were on the other team.

Wish I could go back and do it again. Congratulations to the champs from your area.

Kevin

Ron Jones near Indy
11-20-2004, 2:23 AM
Great bunch of guys. I enjoy being around them!