PDA

View Full Version : Denver WW show starts tomorrow..

Scott Parks
11-18-2004, 12:34 PM
Anyone else going? I'm going tomorrow unless I get called to work. See ya there:)

Martin Lutz
11-18-2004, 12:38 PM
Looks like a party. We just happen to be going to Fort Collins (just N. of Denver) this weekend. A trip strategicallly planned to coincide with the WW show. I'll be there, wallet and checkbook in hand. I have been given "guidelines" though from the LOML.:)

Jim O'Dell
11-18-2004, 2:37 PM
Hi!
I'd still like someone to post what Kreg will offer their pro pack for at the show, and what extras come with it at that price. I'm planning to go to the Dallas show in 3 weeks, but would like to be well armed, if you know what I mean. Thanks if you can help. Enjoy your shopping, and please report on ALL the goodies you see, especially those that tag a ride home with you!! Jim.

Christopher Pine
11-18-2004, 3:01 PM
Anyone else going? I'm going tomorrow unless I get called to work. See ya there:)

I will be there some on saturday. Be sure to stop by and say hi to the others manning the Colorado Woodworkers Guild Booth on friday!
Chris

Scott Parks
11-19-2004, 5:46 PM
Just got back from the show:

Jim,
The Kreg pro pack is $129.95. Comes with a free aluminum mini miter block.

Chris,
Stopped by the booth and said "hi". Picked up a newsletter....

Overall experience: The place was packed and very noisy. I came home empty handed. I went for three main reasons; To compare MM and Laguna bandsaws, look for a Japanese hand saw, chisels and plane irons, and to check out Festool. Well, MM didn't bring the S16 I was interested in, only one vendor I found had Japanese saws, and I couldn't find plane irons, the affordable chisels were made in china, and Festool wasn't even there. Oh well, got me out for the afternoon. Guess I'll get out the Lee Valley catalog instead...;)

One thing I did like: Sand Flee. :cool: Cool idea!

Ralph DaFoe
11-19-2004, 6:40 PM
Just got back from the show:

... and Festool wasn't even there....
Hmmmm, I was planning to attend the Dallas show in a few weeks primarily to see the Festool line, but now I can't find them in the list of exhibitors. Maybe Bob Marino can find out for sure if they're going to be there?

Jim Becker
11-19-2004, 7:13 PM
If "they" are at a show, Festool is most often represented by one of their ISAs...you will not usually find a corporate booth unless it's a "whopper" show. If none of the ISAs are exhibiting, the tools will not be evident. There was an ISA at the Ft Washington Woodworks show two weeks ago...but nothing works better than dealing with "Uncle Bob"!