PDA

View Full Version : Laser tape

Cindy Rhoades
05-04-2010, 8:46 AM
I have some samples of the green laser tape and am wanting to see just how it works. I am needing the settings for the laser, a 45 waatt Epilog. I want to experiment with this before my sandblasting equipment gets here so that I have some things ready to go for my learning curve. Any help would be appreciated

nancy barry
05-04-2010, 9:30 AM
I use a pink resist from Rayzist. I am sure these are the same/similar product with different color added when it is made.

You will have to play with your settings a bit. I use 100% P and anywhere from 10-15 speed on my 35 watt Xenetech. This works for me and may not work for you or others. I rastor designs as I find that vector cutting can break glass. Sometimes , I rastor the outline only so that I can do a stepped sandblast by removing as I go to depth carve. Other times, I rastor the entire image and then sandblast to remove what I think is mostly the glue layer. This also works with blue tape. It takes longer to rastor an entire design but saves time of weeding small bits. All things are a trade off.

good luck! I LUV, LUV, LUV using the laser to do the stencil prep work for sandblasting!

nancyBE

Joe Motley
05-04-2010, 9:45 AM
Cindy,
My initial interest in a laser had to do with an easier way to create masks than all that touchy-feely stuff with film, etc. (and expense). I have a large roll of the green stuff from Iconics that I use on occasion. I have a 40 watt epilog and raster at 70s-100p. This seems to pretty much clear away the masking material. If there is any residue the sandblasting removes it.