PDA

View Full Version : Lee Valley April Fool'ed Me

Mark Maleski
05-03-2010, 10:04 PM
I really only have myself to blame. :rolleyes:

I just finished a class at Woodworking Workshops of the Shenandoah Valley (WWOTSV) - at Jeff Headley's and Steve Hamilton's shop. The tool list for the class included a tape measure. My Stanley tape measure is yellow. Anyone see where this is going yet? Yep, when I got to the class I pulled out my tape measure only to realize I had grabbed the Veritas Story Tape by mistake instead of the Stanley tape measure.

At least the rest of the class got a good kick out of it! :D

Van Huskey
05-03-2010, 11:49 PM
You can't see the numbers? Maybe you need glasses... :D

Phil Thien
05-04-2010, 8:39 AM
I didn't realize they actually sold those. I thought it was just an advertising joke.

Chris Kennedy
05-04-2010, 8:42 AM
I bought two. I am planning to plant one for my father-in-law to pick up and try to use.

Mark Maleski
05-04-2010, 9:48 AM
I have a 1-year old daughter - it actually does have some utility for me! Didn't help me much in class though!

Roger Jensen
05-04-2010, 10:37 AM
I have an 8-yo daughter and we had been keeping her height measurements on a kitchen door frame. I got one of the LV tape measures and copied all of the old measurements to the blank tape, with dates and heights. Now she'll have something to take with her, instead of leaving the door molding behind. My wife thought it was cool idea.

Roger

Van Huskey
05-04-2010, 2:34 PM
I didn't realize they actually sold those. I thought it was just an advertising joke.

All their April Fools either are or were for sale, thats part of their requirements for the joke. This one was just the first one that was affordable as merely a joke, the rest have been pretty pricey but well made.

Chris Friesen
05-04-2010, 3:05 PM
All their April Fools either are or were for sale, thats part of their requirements for the joke.

I don't think that's the case. They all physically *exist*, but I'm pretty sure this is the first one that's for sale.

Rod Sheridan
05-04-2010, 3:06 PM

I thought it was the US metric version:D

I bought one for a freind who has just had a child, now they can keep track of how tall she is.........Rod.