PDA

View Full Version : May Snow?

Joe Pelonio
05-03-2010, 9:17 PM
:confused:

After a windstorm last night it was sunny all day here so I decided to mow the lawn after it dried out a bit. As I started a huge black cloud blew in, and after a few passes it started to hail, hard enough to make me think about grabbing my hardhat. Of course, I had to finish or risk the neighbors thinking I had completely gone around the bend with a
strange lawn pattern.

Naturally, 10 minutes after finishing it stopped, I was soaked and had to change clothes.

Now, we're getting flakes mixed in with rain, it's down to 34 and the forecast calls for snow overnight.:(

Ken Fitzgerald
05-03-2010, 9:20 PM
They are predicting snow mixed with rain here tomorrow too Joe!

Myk Rian
05-03-2010, 9:21 PM
We've gotten many inches of snow in June before.
The front range of the Rockies had snow from Denver north yesterday.

Zach England
05-03-2010, 9:31 PM
There were a couple of inches here Friday morning, but that's not terribly unusual.

Joe Pelonio
05-03-2010, 9:32 PM
We've gotten many inches of snow in June before.
The front range of the Rockies had snow from Denver north yesterday.
I have been in the Rockies when it snowed in mid-June, but we're in a marine climate here and typically can plant the veggie garden in early May. Better wait a bit.

Rod Sheridan
05-03-2010, 9:48 PM
I'm in Calgary on business, last week we had about 12" of snow fall during the day......I wonder where spring went?

Regards, Rod.

Greg Peterson
05-03-2010, 10:02 PM
It's downright chilly here today. Not too bad if the wind didn't blow, but when I took Brandy for her walk tonight I had to put on my winter jacket.

I'll keep this day close to the front of my memory when the +90 degree days show up.

Belinda Barfield
05-04-2010, 5:39 AM
It does seem to be a little odd to need to mow and have snow. 90's are already here. Yesterday the humidity was about max as well. Spring in the south. At least today we'll be in the 70s with rain.

Joe Pelonio
05-04-2010, 7:54 AM
Not enough to cause any problems, I guess we lucked out. Last night it snowed about 7:30-10pm, but other than cars and lawns it didn't stick. This morning it's back up to 35F and the moon is shining.

Charlie Reals
05-04-2010, 8:35 AM
I have seen snow here every month of the year. We never plant until after Frog jumps which is around the 20th of May. There is a storm predicted for this weekend.

Ben Franz
05-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Had snow last Thursday overnight and a few flurries all weekend. No accumulation but the temps are still on the low side. So much for the sunny southwest!