PDA

View Full Version : 1st Phase of Kitchen Remodel

steven sherman
05-03-2010, 7:04 PM
Enclosed are pics of the 1st phase of my longgg kitchen remodel. The pics are of the sink base with recycling, set of drawers and the dishwasher.

I used Mahogany for the face frame, door face and drawer faces. The drawer parts are 3/4 " Maple . The face frame is 1” thick as well as the doors and drawer faces. I used an applied bead that is proud of the face by 1/8 “on the bottom drawers and doors. The doors and drawers are M & T.

I used furniture feet and leg levelers for the base. The floor was significantly off level which caused me to set the cabinets slightly off level. I should have checked first. I would have designed it with a base

The wood was slightly distressed with and awl and gouge. The cabinets are finished them with shellac, gel stain and wipe on poly. The top is laminate, which is temporary until the base cabinets are complete

Thanks

Steve

Jeff Monson
05-03-2010, 7:43 PM
Very nice work Steve, how did you attach the raised panel to the dishwasher front??? Looks great.

steven sherman
05-03-2010, 7:59 PM
The Dishwasher was a "panel ready" dishwasher. You remove the front panel of the dishwasher and there are four holes to attach a wood panel to the front of the dishwasher. There are 2 additional holes at the top of the dishwasher to secure the top of the panel.

I screwed together the bottom door front, rails and top drawer face. I had to pocket screw the drawer face to the middle rail. I then attached everything to the front panel of the dishwasher.

Michael Donahue
05-03-2010, 9:49 PM
I think those cabinets are BEAUTIFUL! And one heck of an upgrade by the looks of the uppers :D I'm looking forward to seeing pics when it's finished.