PDA

View Full Version : Finding better graphics

Scott Shepherd
05-03-2010, 6:13 PM
I saw a link on another forum that someone mentioned in passing. It didn't get much attention at the time, but I did check it out and it turned out to be a very nice tool for identifying graphics.

Google tineye and you'll find it.

They have a plugin for Firefox and Chrome browsers that kicks butt. You can search the internet, google images or any photo on any website. Right click over the image on any website or in google images, you'll see the new option for "Search image on tineye". Click that and it'll open another tab, showing you all the locations on the internet it found the photo, along with the resolution of each place it found it.

It can also help you locate the source for the original if someone is asking you to do something and you'd like to get permission from the originator.

It's a reverse photo lookup program. You can also go to their website and just upload a photo as well.

Very very cool and a very helpful tool to have for people that deal with poor customer graphics.

Check it out, I think you'll like it.

Frank Corker
05-03-2010, 6:37 PM
Thanks Steve, that's a good one to have!

Dee Gallo
05-03-2010, 7:11 PM
Yes, thanks! This works...and quickly! Great find!

:) dee

Scott Challoner
05-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Very cool. Thanks for sharing Steve. There is also a plugin for IE.

Scott Shepherd
05-04-2010, 12:02 PM
You are all welcome. I thought it was a pretty amazing tool. How it searches a photo and finds other photos in different resolutions on the entire internet in less than a couple of seconds is beyond my ability to comprehend.

Neat item.