PDA

View Full Version : Lap desk plan/ideas

Larry Browning
05-03-2010, 2:28 PM
I have been finding myself having to operate my laptop computer while traveling in a car lately and I REALLY HATE using the touchpad or those stupid eraser head things on the keyboard. So I began to look around for a lap desk to put my computer on so I could use a regular mouse. The ones I have found so far don't suit me, or are $40 - $50. Which is too much as far as I'm concerned. So I thought I could make myself one out of 1/2" BB plywood. The more I though about it, the more I came up with ideas that would add to functionality. Such as storage compartments for pencils and such, a work light on a flexible rod. Maybe, make it so it would fold up and be stored in my PC bag.
Have any of you guys made one of these, or know where I can get a plan for one?

Lee Schierer
05-03-2010, 3:24 PM
Unless you are really dying to make your own, there are numerous options out there for $40 or less. Just do a google search for "travel lap desk"

Larry Browning
05-03-2010, 5:50 PM
Unless you are really dying to make your own, there are numerous options out there for $40 or less. Just do a google search for "travel lap desk"

Lee,
I already have the BB plywood, Plus, I thought I could customize it to fit my needs. I actually don't have much free time these days, due to my work schedule. A small 2 or 3 evening project really sounds like it would be fun to do and get me some much needed shop time. Plus, I'm thinking this would be a $5 project, instead of $40.