PDA

View Full Version : JET Replacement Parts

Ray McCullie
05-03-2010, 4:59 AM
Hi, I'm sure at least some of you have a JET tool around. So, I was wondering if anyone has ever ordered replacement parts directly from JET?

For better or worse I have their bench top saw and needed a replacement hairline cursor. So I ordered it directly from their site, which does not inspire confidence. Well it's been a month and I'm now wondering if I'll ever hear from them again. But not quite bad enough to be on hold with customer service, yet.

Any advice?

I've since found ereplacementparts.com, the price seems about the same, are they any better with speed/communication?

lowell holmes
05-03-2010, 6:22 AM
I've had good luck with ereplacementparts.com.

mickey cassiba
05-03-2010, 7:23 AM
I bought some parts for one of our sanders from Jet. CS was good, and we received the parts in about two days, IIRC.
Mick

Robert Reece
05-03-2010, 7:50 AM
I've had no problems with Jet. I've ordered a few parts here and there over the years. I always call though as their website is the pits.

Michael Heffernan
05-03-2010, 7:54 AM
I've ordered replacement parts directly from Jet and Powermatic. No problems either.

Don Jarvie
05-03-2010, 2:34 PM
Did you get any confirmation the parts were in stock? I ordered parts from Grizzly for my Reliant Jointer and waited 5 months for them to come in.

After 3 months they sent a card stating they are back ordered. I ordered the parts from Jet, abit more expensive but they came in 5 days.

Ray McCullie
05-03-2010, 2:54 PM
Yeah, I'm wondering if the bench top model is even in production anymore. Like noted above the WMH part site is the pits.

John Mark Lane
05-03-2010, 3:03 PM
I called Jet CS a couple of weeks ago because someone (a Jet dealer) told me the benchtop saw was no longer in production. Got a very helpful person on the phone who assured me it was in production. Got a tech support guy on the phone who spent some time answering some questions for me, and actually went over and measured the two benchtop models they make to give me exact measuremets. No experience ordering parts, but at least they say the model is still going.

Jim Full
05-03-2010, 4:16 PM
I had the same problem with my Jet contractor's saw. I emailed Jet and they sent me a new curor within a week, free of charge.:)

Van Huskey
05-03-2010, 10:07 PM
I have had nothing but good luck with WMH CS and parts. Try calling them to sort it out.

Gary Muto
05-04-2010, 6:40 AM
Another vote for calling. My only need to order parts was with new or warranty related issues. Each time I called I got parts sent to me within a week. They are very helpful but not always the most knowledgable.

Ted Baca
05-04-2010, 12:53 PM
I ordered a capaciter for my Jet grinder and finally just went to an electric motor repair place and bought one. About 4-5 months later it came in the mail. The conflic here is when I bought my Jet Bandsaw the table was warped and I had the new one in a week. So go figure. Maybe the warranty department should give the parts department some tips!

Ray McCullie
05-04-2010, 3:11 PM
Just and FYI, don't buy the bench top saw from jet, you really would do better to look elsewhere. True, it's the only bench top I know of to use a belt driven blade but it's lacking in design and workmanship. Table isn't flat, small non-standard miter slots, fence doesn't stay square and adjusting the trunnion is almost impossible thanks to two of the bolts being inaccessible. Also no zero clearance inserts, small throat plate and opening with tabs only on one side, so an insert has to be so shallow it breaks or flexes and sags on the side with no supports.

I just wish I had saved a little money and got a beefier model.

Douglas Lee
05-04-2010, 4:09 PM
A couple of years ago I had ordered an ATS-1500 air cleaner that UPS dropped at least once in transit, bending a motor frame member and knocking the squirrel cage out of round. Called Jet and requested the necessary replacement parts. Jokingly, I asked since it was under warranty and I was only requesting parts rather than sending the unit back, would they also toss in an electrostatic air filter element. They said yes! Good customer service.

The website reply function (like many) is very poorly monitored. As others have noted, the key is calling and getting a person on the other end of the phone.