PDA

View Full Version : First Gloat: New Grizzly jointer

Chris Kennedy
05-02-2010, 1:18 PM
I ordered a G0452Z late last week, and it arrived midweek via UPS freight. The boxes arrived in good condition. I paid for liftgate service, and the driver wheeled the boxes right into my garage on his pallet jack. Of course, my shop is thirty yards away at the back of the lot, and there was no way the pallet jack was going to make it over the terrain.

I didn't have time to put it together until this weekend. I got it back to the shop using my handcart and my son's wagon. It went together pretty well and without too much fuss. I was short one screw and a couple of washers, which was easily remedied at the local hardware store. The only thing wrong is that the foot pedal for the mobile base is badly bent (you can see it pretty well in the picture). It doesn't seem to effect the base, but I am tossing up whether I should ask Grizzly for a replacement, just in case it becomes a problem later on.

Next, I need to hook up dust collection, and then let the chips fly.:D

Cheers,

Chris

Don Morris
05-02-2010, 6:55 PM
I love my jointer, don't use it all the time but when I need it, wow, do I fill my dust collection unit and am I glad I have it. When I'm through with it, I know the next step will be easier, more precise, and I'm more confident of the results. Nice looking machine. Enjoy.

gary Zimmel
05-02-2010, 7:04 PM
Congrats on the new jointer Chris.

glenn bradley
05-02-2010, 8:16 PM
Congrats on the jointer. My G0490X has a similar foot pedal. I wouldn't stress over the tweak even though I am the sort who usually does stress over such things. I guess having one and using it for awhile has tempered my concern of that particular boo-boo.

Chip Lindley
05-02-2010, 8:19 PM
Enjoy your new jointer, Chris! Definately contact Grizzly about that bent foot pedal. They will make it right. It's a NEW jointer, and you want to add any *scratch 'n' dent-look* personally!

Chris Ricker
05-02-2010, 8:33 PM
Just wait till you give that spiral cutter head a work out, you'll be impressed.
congrats!!

Paul McGaha
05-02-2010, 9:14 PM
Chris,

Congratulations on the new jointer. Good looking tool.

PHM

Peter Aeschliman
05-02-2010, 9:15 PM
Yeah, from what I know of grizzly, they won't think twice about replacing the pedal for you.