PDA

View Full Version : General/General international paint code

Chris Haas
05-01-2010, 10:38 PM
i was wondering if anyone knew the paint codes to general/general international woodworking equipment. i know they sell it by the touch up can, but i hopefully someone out there can help. thanks in advance, Chris

Gary Curtis
05-01-2010, 11:09 PM
I had a Canadian-built 10" tablesaw, and the International (Chinese) version of their sliding table. The color match was very, very close.

There are dealers scattered across the country where you could see one. But as far as getting a name, or a mixture formula for the exact color, I just don't know.

Gary Curtis

Jim O'Dell
05-02-2010, 8:52 AM
Contact General and ask. If they won't give you the formula, then purchase some touch up, then color match it. Keep in mind that any primer or base coat can change the top coat color enough to not be a perfect match. Jim.

Dirk Lewis
05-02-2010, 8:55 AM
i was wondering if anyone knew the paint codes to general/general international woodworking equipment. i know they sell it by the touch up can, but i hopefully someone out there can help. thanks in advance, Chris

There's a thread over at Canadian Woodworking forum discussing Generals (evolving) paint color and matching it.

Try here (http://forum.canadianwoodworking.com/search.php?searchid=1431670) to start

george wilson
05-02-2010, 8:59 AM
I tried to get some touch up paint,and never heard from them.