PDA

View Full Version : anyone see one of these?

Steve knight
05-01-2010, 12:28 PM
ok I have my cord for my festool sander attached to my overheard vac hose. but if I want to sue a router or any non festool tool I have to run the cord to a outlet and manually turn on the vac. hat I am after and I doubt could find is a plug adapter that goes on the to festool cord and gives you a regular outlet.

Joe Chritz
05-01-2010, 1:44 PM
If I understand correctly you want an outlet attached to the cord that will give you one outlet that controls the tool and vac at the same time and one that will control just the tool?

I doubt that is possible with the way the auto function works on the vac. Someone with more electrical know how than I may chime in but I think the auto on functions when the tool draws current and that causes the vac to turn on.

I think running separate lines would be the only way.

If I am way off and you just want a splitter so two tools can use the same line and both operate the vac then any double outlet should work.

Joe

Steve knight
05-01-2010, 5:00 PM
no I just want a adapter that plugs in the female end of a festool power cord and converts it to a standard plug that 99% of all tools use. that way I don't have to run a cord to a outlet and manually turn on my vac.

Jay Jolliffe
05-01-2010, 5:10 PM
Did you try the FOG site ?

Michael Wildt
05-01-2010, 9:32 PM
This is probably what you're looking for:

http://www.festool.co.uk/mediandoweb/index.cfm?sTemplateFile=search.php&BEGIN=1&sLanguage=English&KEYWORD=plug+it

Unfortunately they are not available in the US due to lack of UL approval. Lots of info on the FOG (festoolownersgroup.com site) on this in particular.

johnny means
05-01-2010, 11:07 PM
I would run a regular extension cord from my boom. Then shorten a festool cord to a foot or less to use when using my sander with the boom.

Van Huskey
05-02-2010, 12:44 AM
Why not run a standard cord and the Festool cord both on the boom, then plug them both into the vac via a triple tap. A double tap would work I just don't think I have seen one.

Larry Fox
05-02-2010, 9:43 AM
What I did was to screw a handi-box to the riser for my boom. I then cut a Festool cord aproximately in half. I The male part runs to the handi-box into which I put an outlet. I then continued the cord up the boom along with the hose for Festool tools. Both outlet and Festool tool trigger the vac. Works out pretty well and I end up using it more than I thought I would.

Mike Hollingsworth
05-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Why not run a standard cord and the Festool cord both on the boom, then plug them both into the vac via a triple tap. A double tap would work I just don't think I have seen one.

+1
Works great for me!

Steve knight
05-02-2010, 12:52 PM
yes shortening the festool cord would be best. the only problem is you have all the extra cord on the other tools. not much can be done about that really unless you shorten those cords too. now to get festools hose to fit everything I want it to fit. it goes inside my dewalt router and won't fit at all my fein detail sander.