PDA

View Full Version : LN Tool Event - Vancouver - photos

Dave Beauchesne
05-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Three photos of our visit to the LN Hand Tool Event in Vancouver B.C. Canada being held this weekend.

Four members of the Suncoast Woodcrafters Guild attended; we hit a lull in the action and had great quality time with LN's Angie Kopacek ( of LN Youtube fame ;) ) and Jeremy Tomlinson, the Vancouver area LN staffer. We live on the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, so there is a ferry ride to and from Vancouver from our location plus a commute to the show site.

I was the one snapping the photos, but the group picture included ( L - R )
Doug, Jeremy, Heinz, Angie and Ken. The second shot was Angie doing her best Vanna White while Ken tackled a nice cherry slab with a 4 1/2, the last photo is Angie giving pointers with a # 7.

A great time was had by our group, with Jeremy giving sharpening advice and showing us what a # 112 can REALLY do, as well as letting us test drive the saws. Angie went through the steps of flattening a board, and the trials a slab of curly cherry can present.

Personlly, I shelled out the coin for a BU 7 1/2, and a few other trinkets ( of course ! ).

Thanks to LN for putting on the event, and having two extremely knowledgable staff there to help out.

Dave Beauchesne

Hope this all comes thru - good thing my son is here to help with attaching the photos !!

Jim Koepke
05-01-2010, 12:12 PM
we hit a lull in the action and had great quality time with LN's Angie Kopacek

She shocked me when I met her in Portland. She is the only person in a long time who has pronounced my last name correctly on the first try.

jim

Marvin Paisner
05-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Thank you for posting this Dave, I guess I haven't been paying attention as I didn't know LN had a Vancouver dealer. Easy location to find as well, just down the road from Trev Deeley motorcycles.

Enjoy your new plane, thanks again.

Marv Paisner
Kootenay Lake, BC

Zach England
05-01-2010, 1:45 PM
I hope there were more people than that.

Zach England
05-01-2010, 1:46 PM
She shocked me when I met her in Portland. She is the only person in a long time who has pronounced my last name correctly on the first try.

jim

Probably because it is nearly an anagram of her own.

Andrew Gibson
05-01-2010, 2:40 PM
I knew I forgot to do something at the Tampa LN show, take some pics... thanks for sharing.

Dave Beauchesne
05-01-2010, 4:45 PM
Thank you for posting this Dave, I guess I haven't been paying attention as I didn't know LN had a Vancouver dealer. Easy location to find as well, just down the road from Trev Deeley motorcycles.

Enjoy your new plane, thanks again.

Marv Paisner
Kootenay Lake, BC

Marv:

They don't have a dealer - it was just the venue. Dan @ Ultimate was kind enough to let LN use his store. Most transactions are via the net in Canada anyway; they have great customer service, and with the dollars virtually at par - - - - - - easy to spend $$$$ :D

Zack:

We were invited as Guild members to come early; so we beat the rush so to speak. It was nice - easy to ask questions, get answers etc.

Dave Beauchesne