PDA

View Full Version : Another ash tray for Mom

Jeff Fagen
04-30-2010, 10:55 PM
I needed to come up with somthing for Mom's 79th birthday.
I was given a load of walnut sawmill cut offs that were pretty dry.
So I turned out this candy dish and joked with Mom about it being ''another ash tray for Mom".(she never smoked).
Of course she thought it was wonderful and will keep it forever along with all the other artwork I've made her since I was five.

David E Keller
04-30-2010, 11:04 PM
It looks good... Certainly a step up from the macaroni necklace from kindergarten:D

Bernie Weishapl
04-30-2010, 11:08 PM
Aren't mom's great. That is a nice piece. She will love and cherish that forever. When my mom passed and we had to go thru the house I found things I made that were just well today I think of as just silly but she thought they were the greatest thing since apple butter. I am retired now and I found a for a lack of a better word a knife I carved with a Indian head on the handle as a kid for my mom. I told her it was a letter opener. She about wore that thing out and kept it in her bill paying pile. Thanks for jogging the memory.

Steve Schlumpf
04-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Jeff - that sure is some good looking wood! Really like the curl!

Glad to hear that Mom likes the gift! Like Bernie - thanks for jogging the memory!

Rich Aldrich
05-01-2010, 1:44 PM
Nice work. When I read the title, I was thinking it was a pun and that the tray was made from ash.

John Keeton
05-01-2010, 6:31 PM
Jeff, beautiful wood, and a great present for Mom! Like others have said, she will treasure it the rest of her life.

Baxter Smith
05-01-2010, 6:50 PM
Nice gift and pretty piece. I don't think most mothers ever get tired of things their kids make them.

Frank Van Atta
05-01-2010, 10:26 PM
"Making an ash tray out of wood is like making a dog food bowl out of bacon."
- Foo