PDA

View Full Version : Recieved Agazzani B-20 (Gloat)

Mark Woodmark
04-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Received my Agazzani B-20 BS, crated very well just as others have talked about. Spent quite a while uncrating it in my garage before rolling it around to my shop on a cart. Had to roll it over plywood so it wouldnt sink in the soft wet ground. The saw looks very, very nice. Cant wait to try it out. It will be a short while til I get an outlet in for it and get it setup. It dwarfs my Delta 14" which is now for sale

Van Huskey
04-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Very nice saw. May I ask what you paid with shipping?

Bruce Page
04-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Very nice, congrats!
What is the dark finish on the table?

Brendan Plavis
04-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Edit* Misread what Huskey wrote... and delete isnt working for some reason.... :(

Mark Woodmark
04-30-2010, 10:48 PM
Very nice, congrats!
What is the dark finish on the table?

Not sure what you are asking about?

Bruce Page
04-30-2010, 11:36 PM
Maybe it's my monitor or the pic but the table looks almost black. It looks cool.

Mark Woodmark
04-30-2010, 11:42 PM
Maybe it's my monitor or the pic but the table looks almost black. It looks cool.

Now I get the question you asked before. The table has the ever so shallow grooves that all other Euro machines have to eliminate suction. The black appearance is the grooves and shadow

Ken Fitzgerald
05-01-2010, 12:08 AM
Congrats! May it serve you well!

While I own a MM-16, I am sure you'll like you Agazzani as much as I like my MM!

James Jones
05-01-2010, 12:47 AM
I would recommend you keep your 14" saw. If you resaw with the 20" then you will appreciate not having to change blades when you need to saw small thin stock or make short curves. I purchased a MM-20 bandsaw and keep a 1" blade on it for resawing. I kept my Delta 14" saw and use 3/16" to 1/2" blades on it for general sawing. I am sure glad I didn't get rid of mine. I upgraded the motor to a 2hp 220 volt on the 14" saw.

James

Joe Jensen
05-01-2010, 12:58 AM
I would recommend you keep your 14" saw. If you resaw with the 20" then you will appreciate not having to change blades when you need to saw small thin stock or make short curves. I purchased a MM-20 bandsaw and keep a 1" blade on it for resawing. I kept my Delta 14" saw and use 3/16" to 1/2" blades on it for general sawing. I am sure glad I didn't get rid of mine. I upgraded the motor to a 2hp 220 volt on the 14" saw.

James

If you have the space I completely agree. I sold an awesome PM 141 14" bandsaw that I bought new in 1990 when I bought a larger saw. I hated to sell and wished I had the space to keep it. I hate changing the blades from narrow to wide because it takes a while to get the blage guides set. 2 saws would be fantastic.

Chip Lindley
05-01-2010, 2:02 AM
As with Rolls-Royce or Bentley, if you have to ask how much they cost, you probably can't afford one anyway. The net finds few Agazzani dealers, and those are not posting list prices. I did find one listing for a used B24 asking $2500.

That's one fine-lookin' bandsaw, Mark!

gary Zimmel
05-01-2010, 9:26 AM
Congrats on the new bandsaw Mark.

Mark Woodmark
05-01-2010, 10:10 AM

James

As Joe Jensen mentioned, space is at a premium. I have thought about keeping the Delta, but just cant afford to loose the space

Brendan Plavis
05-01-2010, 4:02 PM
As with Rolls-Royce or Bentley, if you have to ask how much they cost, you probably can't afford one anyway. The net finds few Agazzani dealers, and those are not posting list prices. I did find one listing for a used B24 asking $2500.

That's one fine-lookin' bandsaw, Mark!

One thing is for certain... I doubt I will ever be able to afford one...

2.5k for used is rediculous....

Atleast in the short term... As I think my next big purchase will be a Uni-Saw(the cheapest one)... That is, after I put down some flooring in my shop area(Aka the garage I took over) and add a heating unit....

Van Huskey
05-01-2010, 9:56 PM
One thing is for certain... I doubt I will ever be able to afford one...

2.5k for used is rediculous....

Atleast in the short term... As I think my next big purchase will be a Uni-Saw(the cheapest one)... That is, after I put down some flooring in my shop area(Aka the garage I took over) and add a heating unit....

2,500 for a used B-24 isn't a bad price at all. If it was in excellent shape I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Is there a cheap Uni? Well maybe used. :D

Brendan Plavis
05-01-2010, 10:01 PM
2,500 for a used B-24 isn't a bad price at all. If it was in excellent shape I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Is there a cheap Uni? Well maybe used. :D
Yep... looky here...

"Delta unisaw good running saw, single phase

$675 obo

Powermatic #70 12" tablesaw 1" arbor NEEDS TLC & motor

$275 make offer "

Thats a craigslist add in my state...

That PM definately catches my eye...

Van Huskey
05-01-2010, 10:33 PM
BTW Mark, I just sent Jesse an email because you have me now seriously considering the B-24 it has the resaw height I need and appears to be a monster plus the price although high is better than Felder, MM and Laguna.

Dave MacArthur
05-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Congrats on the saw! I wondered which one you'd get. I'll be awaiting your impression after you use it a bit, how the blade tracks, ease of setup etc... I had really thought that a tension quick-release was mandatory for me, but a few posts recently and the info you sent me (thanks again!) have me questioning that.

Looks GREAT!

Van Huskey
05-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Congrats on the saw! I wondered which one you'd get. I'll be awaiting your impression after you use it a bit, how the blade tracks, ease of setup etc... I had really thought that a tension quick-release was mandatory for me, but a few posts recently and the info you sent me (thanks again!) have me questioning that.

Looks GREAT!

Dave, I am/was in the same boat. I had a list of "needs" but the more I think about it they are really just wants and the quality of these saws just keeps sucking me in. I will still probably put on Laguna guides and DM fence.

quang nguyen
05-02-2010, 2:17 AM
Received my Agazzani B-20 BS, crated very well just as others have talked about. Spent quite a while uncrating it in my garage before rolling it around to my shop on a cart. Had to roll it over plywood so it wouldnt sink in the soft wet ground. The saw looks very, very nice. Cant wait to try it out. It will be a short while til I get an outlet in for it and get it setup. It dwarfs my Delta 14" which is now for sale

It might be good idea to keep the Delta for small jobs. The delta can have small blade for curve cutting while the Agazzani has large blade for resaw

Quang

Joe Jensen
05-02-2010, 2:56 AM
I am thinking that the quick tension release is a marketing thing. I had a PM 141 for 20 years and never released the tension and never broke a blade. I used a Laguna LT16HD for 3 years and never broke a blade. Now I have a Felder FB540, never released the tension and never broke a blade.

Sean Nagle
05-02-2010, 11:14 AM
I thought the point of the tension release was to prevent the saw frame from bending or twisting under prolonged tension.

Joe Jensen
05-03-2010, 9:06 PM
I can easily tension enough to snap blades. I doubt the frame on my machine will bend. As an engineer a steel frame won't flex slightly and then stay, it will flex and release. Eventually the steel would crack from too many cycles. One could argue that that releasing tension will reduce the life of the frame, and possibly the blade.