PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic sheet vinyl??

Jason White
04-30-2010, 3:15 PM
Where can I find free scraps of that magnetic vinyl material that they make signs out of? I need some to cover some holes in my tablesaw and bandsaw. I don't want to buy an entire roll if I don't have to.

Jason

Lee Schierer
04-30-2010, 3:43 PM
Go to your local Borg and buy a magnetic air return cover. They sell them for closing off air returns in your home. They are thin magnetic sheeting perfect for what you are doing.

michael craigdallie
04-30-2010, 4:02 PM
you could even try a local sign maker, some one who makes those magnetic signs for vehicles. they might even have offcuts that you could get for a deal.

cheers,
m

Paul Atkins
04-30-2010, 4:51 PM
I pick up magnetic business cards whenever I see them.

David Prince
04-30-2010, 6:03 PM
I have used magnetic calendars (like a business card, but bigger)

Derick Joseph
05-01-2010, 1:00 AM
My phone books always come delivered with a decently large sized refrigerator magnet with some law firm ad plastered to them. They always go straight to the trash, so I don't know how much oomph they really have.

Kent A Bathurst
05-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Not free, but a lifetime supply for only ten bucks - same purpose as yours - my older Uni + BS

I kept 3 of the 5 sheets, and gave the other 2 to the neighbor 5-yr-old so she can make custom art fridge magnets. Bonus points awarded :D

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006HN5Q/ref=oss_product

Mitchell Andrus
05-01-2010, 2:24 PM
Where can I find free scraps of that magnetic vinyl material that they make signs out of? I need some to cover some holes in my tablesaw and bandsaw. I don't want to buy an entire roll if I don't have to.

Jason

Holes? I assume you're looking to close the holes in the cabinet. If you choke off too much airflow, the DC won't move anything.

Jason White
05-01-2010, 2:50 PM
Yeah, I know that. Just tinkering is all.

Holes? I assume you're looking to close the holes in the cabinet. If you choke off too much airflow, the DC won't move anything.