PDA

View Full Version : Electric pencil sharpener for 45 deg point?

Stephen Tashiro
04-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Is there a good electric pencil sharpener that will put an approximately 45 deg point on pencils of various diameters? I'd prefer the kind that uses grinders instead of small planer blades.

There are some pencils, such as pastel pencils and graphite pencils with very soft leads that break too easily when you sharpen then in an ordinary electric sharpener because this makes the point too long. I like my Xacto "Student-Pro" model sharpener for ordinary pencils and it can handle various diameters. I'd like to find a similar sharpener that makes 45 deg point.

I wonder if there are deluxe pencil sharpeners (and I don't mean expensive pocket knives) that allow the angle of the point to be adjusted.

Todd Willhoit
04-30-2010, 5:38 PM
Stephen,
I bought a small, battery-powered, sharpener for the kids. It has two holes for sharpening; one for the regular angle, and another closer to 45 degrees for colored pencils. It seems to work ok.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/676260/Foray-Multi-Hole-Battery-Operated-Pencil/

Dave Johnson29
04-30-2010, 6:10 PM
Is there a good electric pencil sharpener that will put an approximately 45 deg point on pencils of various diameters?

Also check around at cosmetic pencil sharpeners. Eye liner pencils etc.