PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration.

Dave Richards
11-17-2004, 1:49 PM
The other day I posted a link in the design forum to a website with downloadable SketchUp models of powertools for doing shop layouts. I was snooping around the site and found some images of the author's woodworking.

Take a look http://yda-online.com/proj/furn/db/index.html

I don't know this gentleman but I wish I did.

Tyler Howell
11-17-2004, 2:00 PM
Wow!

Nice stuff!

Aaron Koehl
11-17-2004, 3:14 PM
Why not send him an invite to the 'Creek? ;)

Dave Richards
11-17-2004, 3:47 PM
You twisted my arm, Aaron. :D I'll just do that.

DONE

Michael Stafford
11-17-2004, 4:32 PM
There are a number of incredibly talented and gifted craftspeople in the Asheville area. The Southern Highland Craftsman guild or something like that is highly respected and difficult to gain entrance into. There a number of galleries in the Asheville area where these folks display their wares. One of our own, Perry Holbrook, is in the guild and is a gifted multimedia artist.

John Yurko
11-19-2004, 8:51 PM
Thanks for the invite, not sure I'm qualified to hang out with you guys, don't have a lot of advice to offer, but happy to mooch!
JY

Glenn Clabo
11-19-2004, 8:56 PM
John...You are more than qualified and most welcome. These guys aren't half bad here...but they like pictures so be forwarned.

Jason Tuinstra
11-19-2004, 9:09 PM
John, glad to see you took the invite. I looked at your site and you do some very nice work. Glad to have you around.

Dave Richards
11-19-2004, 9:48 PM
John, glad you were able to get here and that you joined. Welcome. Make yourself at home.

Dave

Mathew Nedeljko
11-20-2004, 12:34 AM
John, welcome to the creek, and let me just say that as a recent new member myself, you won't find a nicer place to hang out anywhere.

Thanks for posting your work online. It is truly inspirational!

Ken Fitzgerald
11-20-2004, 9:57 AM
John.....Welcome to the 'Creek! You're more than qualified to give advice here! Love the work displayed on your website! Again.....Welcome!

Mark Valsi
11-20-2004, 10:02 AM
John,

I loved that sideboard. Did you get the plans somewhere ? It looks quite abit like the one I made. . . but your's is nicer !!

John Yurko
11-24-2004, 1:23 AM
Thanks for the kind comments-
The sideboard is similar to a Stickley- the guy who commissioned it needed it to be 5'6" long; Stickley didn't make a sideboard that length. I drew up the plans myself, one of the last times I hand-drafted, I think it was around 1995. I could make copies for you and send them, or maybe even scan and email them to you if you're interested.
As an aside, I made twice the parts, so wound up with a sideboard for myself too!

Jeff Jump
11-24-2004, 6:37 AM
Very inspirational site John!
Jeff

Marshall Harrison
11-24-2004, 7:51 AM
Welcome to the Creek John. It's a great place to hangout but if you aren't carefull you could spend more time swimming in the Creek than woodworking.

Nice work displayed on your website.

Wes Newman
11-24-2004, 8:29 AM
John, Welcome to the Creek. I really like that Crib. I wished I had made a crib for either of my kids.

Ted Daigle
11-24-2004, 8:34 AM
Welcome aboard, John. You've got some great work!

Mark J Bachler
11-24-2004, 8:43 AM
Welcome John. Awesome site, beautiful work. We'll be picking your brain.

Joe Mioux
11-24-2004, 9:05 AM
Welcome John

Just this morning, I read FWW's article about your shop. The first thing I thought of was, I wonder if this guy is an SMC member. Now I know.

You will be hard pressed to find a better group of people than are on this website.

Kent Cori
11-24-2004, 9:16 AM
Geez, just what I need. Yet another SMCer who humbles me with the outstanding style and quality of their work. :o Well, welcome to the Creek anyway John. Maybe you can show a photo of something that isn’t so impressive so I can regain my already pitiful self esteem. ;)