PDA

View Full Version : Boy oh boy.... this is a chore

Brendan Plavis
04-29-2010, 5:17 PM
Well... I grabbed some more boards out of the shed... guess what... they are ' siding!... I spent about 3hrs tryng to figure out why there was a slope in them.... Well, off to scour the shed for a better board(There is what appears to be MDF screwed under the windowsill(large sheet, for what I am not sure of... might have to have a look-see)(not on any other wall...)

First the melomine... got chipped, and is too thick(I cannot lower it any more without lowering the legs, which I really dont want to do...) Then these... what next...

Hopefully if I can get the stuff down, it will fit, or else its time to knock a few hairs off of the legs..

IS there anyway to plane the ' siding down to straight n level?

Brian Greb
04-29-2010, 6:10 PM
You can hand plane it to the thickness you desire or if you have a planner you could use it. I assume the siding you speak of is wood. other than those two methods I can not think of any other safe way to do it.

I forgot you have a BS now you could re-saw it to the thickness you need... It'll leave a rough surface but you can sand it smooth.

Brendan Plavis
04-29-2010, 6:16 PM
Yea..... forget the MDF..... Pops says its covering the electrical.... good thing I didnt get to drilling.....zzzzzappp.....

I never thought of resawing it.... but, that might be a chore, considering that I only have a 3/8 blade....

Brian Greb
04-29-2010, 6:22 PM
you can do it with a 3/8" blade just make sure your tension is right and feed slow... you know let the blade do the work.

Frank Warta
04-29-2010, 7:56 PM
If that's the 14tpi blade you mentioned before than it's not going to work very well. You're probably going to want something more in the 3-5 tpi range.