PDA

View Full Version : I cant keep any of them

Brad Vaughn
04-29-2010, 1:54 PM
Well I started making some Potpourri pots and now when I bring them to work they are snatched up!!!
But its ok I have been using scraps and they are fun to do.
This one the top is two of maple and the bottom is two popular.
Sorry for the bad photos but it was the last time I was going to see this one its out the door!
Brad

John Keeton
04-29-2010, 2:48 PM
Nice work, Brad!! Great finish, too. You are shaming me - I bought 6 of the lids a couple months ago, and I have the wood set aside for them. Just need to get going on them.

Steve Schlumpf
04-29-2010, 5:41 PM
Looks pretty good Brad! If you can't keep any of them - you must be doing something right!

dan carter
04-29-2010, 6:03 PM
I know what you mean, these things really are popular/attractive. After looking at this one, it is easy to see why. You've done a good job.

Bernie Weishapl
04-29-2010, 7:57 PM
Really nice looking pots. Those are really good sellers.

GLENN THOMAS
04-29-2010, 8:03 PM
Brad,

Very nice work and I really like the finish. Have you thought about making your own lid and cutting out the design on a scroll saw. Is that you I see in the reflection in the first picture?

GT

David E Keller
04-29-2010, 8:17 PM
They look nice, Brad!

Brad Vaughn
04-30-2010, 9:11 AM
Brad,

Very nice work and I really like the finish. Have you thought about making your own lid and cutting out the design on a scroll saw. Is that you I see in the reflection in the first picture?

GT
Well now you done it I now thinking about trying that Hmm. Lets see cut a pattern in the top make it into a lid. Yes you have given me an idea.
Thanks
The reflection is my Mag light on my work desk. Or is it a halo on top of my head :D:p

larry cronkite
04-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Beautiful work!
I have been turning pens for some time and when I saw those potpourri pots I said to myself, "Self, that looks like the next step up." Where can I learn more about turning these potpourri pots?
I've done some searches but haven't been able to locate any videos or tutorials.
Any help would be appreciated.

Baxter Smith
04-30-2010, 10:14 AM
They look nice! I ordered some lids a month ago and have roughed out half a dozen that are now drying. The ones I ordered came from Packard. I think they have little prongs that would keep the lid from sliding around. Never thought of making a recess for the lid to set in as well.

Brad Vaughn
04-30-2010, 10:19 AM
Beautiful work!
I have been turning pens for some time and when I saw those potpourri pots I said to myself, "Self, that looks like the next step up." Where can I learn more about turning these potpourri pots?
I've done some searches but haven't been able to locate any videos or tutorials.
Any help would be appreciated.

Have a look at this page this got me started.
http://bobhamswwing.com/index_of_articles.htm

Robert McGowen
04-30-2010, 11:15 AM
I can see where you would have trouble hanging on to those, Brad. They are very well done.

Dave Haughs
04-30-2010, 3:40 PM
Can I ask where you get the metal lids from?

Brad Vaughn
04-30-2010, 3:49 PM
Can I ask where you get the metal lids from?

Craft Supplies USA one good place to start there are others but they slip my mind now.

Dave Haughs
04-30-2010, 3:50 PM
Craft Supplies USA one good place to start there are others but they slip my mind now.

Thanks, I did a google search right after I asked that and found several. I'm going to have to try this.