PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Safety Speed Cut SR5?

Dan Chouinard
04-29-2010, 8:22 AM
I would like to add a vertical panel saw to my cabinet shop for sizing panels. Budget is limited but I have found a used Safety Speed Cut H5 that I could afford. Even more affordable is the Delta slide attachment for my old Unisaw.
Here is the rub. I really like putting boxes together with dados but currently have no efficient way to cut them other than using my router table.
Question is should I buy the H5 and get by with my current method of making dados or use the Delta slide for panel sizing until I can afford the more expensive Safety Speed Cut SR5 saw and router combination?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Orbine
04-29-2010, 8:46 AM
I have the SSC 6400 machine. I could never fathom the idea of using a panel saw for dadoes because I've always felt it woud be a PIA way of doing dadoes. Just thought it would be unproductive. So I went just for plywood cutting and not have router set-up when I chosed my saw. I used to do dominantly dadoes in cabinet building, but I pretty much use biscuit joinery these days. If you're still with dado technology, then a good stack dado set with a good fence on the saw was all I needed. No sliders or fancy attachments.

Derrell W Sloan
05-01-2010, 11:12 PM
EZ Smart saw guide with srk router attachment - more flexible system and will do everything you need and more - and made in the good old USA.

Larry Edgerton
05-02-2010, 8:00 AM
I have a SSC panel router I may consider getting rid of as I am downsizing. Where are you located?

Dan Chouinard
05-02-2010, 9:42 AM
Thanks for the reply Bill. Derrell, I will look into your suggestion.
Bill, I am in Hampton, NH.