PDA

View Full Version : Almost ready - New 1642 cabinet

Thom Sturgill
04-28-2010, 7:10 PM
Well its not quite finished, but I decided to go ahead and post some pictures. The area is tight, so its hard to get far enough away to get good pictures. I still have to line the drawers and redo one drawer face, and a few other details, but I'm anxious to get in some more turning time.
I may paint the cabinet (Jet off-white of course), right now it has two coats of shellac and I like to wood look. If anyone is interested, I attached a .dxf of the plans.

Jake Helmboldt
04-28-2010, 9:02 PM
Nice job Tom. Say, I'm short on time lately. Can you make me one?;)

One more project I now feel compelled to undertake. Ugh!

Greg Bender
04-28-2010, 9:31 PM
Tom,
like the cabinet,I have the same lathe and need to come up with something for all that unused space.Do you have any ballast space built in.

By the way,I used to live in Port St Lucie,was involved in the model railroad club up at the old fairgrounds.I know Ft Pierce well.
Take care,
Greg

Steve Schlumpf
04-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Cabinet looks really good! Just me - but I wouldn't paint it. The wood looks great as is!

Bernie Weishapl
04-28-2010, 10:22 PM
Cabinet looks great. +1 Don't paint.

Rob Cunningham
04-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Nice looking cabinet. I wouldn't paint it either, the natural wood looks nice.

Thom Sturgill
04-29-2010, 1:13 PM
I guess the consensus agrees - don't paint!
No one commented on the 'racing stripe' - I thought that would get some comment:)

Greg, I don't have any ballast yet, but the box sets on a 2x4 frame and I can lag-bolt a sheet of 3/4" ply to the bottom and fill the cavity.