PDA

View Full Version : I Need some Inventive Ideas.

Dave Shaffer
11-17-2004, 9:26 AM
Here is a picture of my house:

http://inetpublish.com/pics/house.jpg

Here is the problem. I am about to hang christmas lights. The hedges will get green lights and the porch will get red lights. I also want to run a string of red lights along the soffet on the peak on the right side outlineing the house. My problem is when I get on a ladder, my knees go to knocking so much I fall down anyway. I am really really afraid of heights. I need some inventive ideas on how to get the lights up there. It is about 20' to the peak.

Rob Bourgeois
11-17-2004, 9:38 AM
Buy off a neighbor with booze? :) Make your wife do it? :rolleyes: Got any kids? ;)

Seriously you might be able to modify one of those extention light bulb changers to push the plastic light holders onto the roof.

Ted Shrader
11-17-2004, 9:39 AM
Dave -

This suggestion will involve a trip up the ladder, but just for the initial install. :) Could you put in some screw hooks to support the lighting strands. Then, using a long stick, hang the lights over the screw hooks. Take them down the same way.

Regards,
Ted

Lee Schierer
11-17-2004, 12:30 PM
I agree with Ted. I put cup hooks into the soffets on my house. I can now hang and take down our lights without leaving the ground. I use a stick with a wire finger on the end to lift the lights up and slip them over the hooks. I alternated the hooks so every other one faces in or out so the wind wouldn't take down the strings.