PDA

View Full Version : Family woodworking gift gloat

Stephen Saar
04-27-2010, 11:35 PM
My great uncle is a wood worker and he heard that I was getting in to wood working so he sent me a bunch of wood working magazines. Unfortunately I don't have his gift for wood working, but at least now I have some more magazines to read and hopefully help improve my skills.

Wasn't expecting to get these so it was a pretty cool gift.

Sorry about the poor picture quality. Only had my phone to take the picture.

-Stephen

William Duffer
04-27-2010, 11:48 PM
That was real nice of him, I don't think I could give mine up. Put them to good use.

Van Huskey
04-28-2010, 12:33 AM
Nothing like lots of eye candy and knowledge packed into one!

Joe Shinall
04-28-2010, 12:45 AM
I wouldn't give any of mine away, so cherish those! And use them!

Kevin Gregoire
04-28-2010, 8:27 AM
i also am just getting into woodworking and i started out by buying tons of magazines
just so much stuff to learn and lots of great tips, but the jigs and project plans are the
best!

Dave Gaul
04-28-2010, 9:36 AM
Magazines like this are a wonderful tool IMHO... what I like best is that even if I don't use any of the plans or designs in the mags, they give me lots of great ideas and how-to's to make my own designs & plans...

Chip Lindley
04-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Everything I learned was from MAGS! There were no Forums or Blogs or You-Tube back in the '70s or '80s! First came Fine Woodworking and WoodSmith, then Wood magazine. Those were my primary pool of knowledge for learning techniques and skills that were way over Sears or Popular Mechanic's head! I, too, cherish my collection of woodworking mags!