PDA

View Full Version : Lathe Light

Jonathan Harvey
04-27-2010, 8:32 PM
I was looking around Walmart today getting ready for Barbecue season and I stumbled across a barbecue light. It has a clamp as well as three powerful magnets. The LED light has plenty of power for shining into bowls and runs on three AAA batteries. I'm well pleased. only problem now is I can see all of my scratches :)

Twenty bucks Canadian at my local walmart so it should be like five bucks for you southern folk ;)

Excuse the messy shop it only gets cleaned once a week and it's not Thursday yet. :D

I could not find a link on the walmart website but here is the exact same unit on amazon only it is a lot more money.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RFQWKU/?tag=homewarewebco-20

Mark Hazelden
04-27-2010, 9:07 PM
Great find! I will look for it next time I'm in Walmart. It seems the older I get the less I see.;) Thanks.

Frank Van Atta
04-28-2010, 1:43 AM
Thanks for the tip; that looks like a good light for the lathe - the flexible shaft on mine is too short to let me see the insides of my work. I'm off to WalMart . . .

Mike McAfee
04-28-2010, 2:37 AM
Always on the lookout for newer, cooler, better lighting and this one fits the criteria! Now I just have to work up the nerve to venture into WallyWorld!:p

Thanks for the tip,

MMc

Toney Robertson
04-28-2010, 6:00 AM
Good tip on the light. I will have to check it out.

Messy? You call that messy? My shop does not look that good AFTER I clean up. Maybe I am just a slob!!

Toney

Bernie Weishapl
04-28-2010, 9:27 AM
Thanks for the tip. Got one on order.

jason lambert
04-28-2010, 10:09 AM
That is what I use all the time problem is the light is a little focused but works great and you can move it. They make 2 flavors one with 3 magnets which is better and one with two that is a bit thinner. I use the one with 2 magnets to hang on the arms of my lathe and thinner areas. Sears has them here they are about 20-30 bucks, I got mind off ebay for about $15 ea.

Paul Douglass
04-28-2010, 10:13 AM
Cool! Looks like we are chatching up with you, it is $17 + at my Wally.