PDA

View Full Version : 225.00 Unisaw

mark kosse
04-27-2010, 4:20 PM
I was able to land a 1988 uni for 225.00. It has a few problems. 3ph and no fence. A vfd and the Biesemeyer off my delta contractors saw will fix that. Now I'll be looking for a decent fence for the contactors saw if anyone has a take off from an upgrade they'll part with. I'm keeping the contractor though. Getting rid of my old craftsman. It's been a good saw.

Brendan Plavis
04-27-2010, 5:07 PM
Damn good steal! Considering a new one goes for $999 on CPO Delta(in otherwords a referbished junk model...) and that the newest goes for more than $3k.....

Hope everything works out... if not, I accept donations :rolleyes:...

Mike Cruz
04-27-2010, 9:29 PM
Very nice, Mark! Even with a new motor and getting a fence for your contractor's saw, you're still way ahead.

As my brother's young girlfriend would say...SCORE!

Dan Friedrichs
04-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Mark, I'm disappointed to have to tell you that you didn't buy a new saw, because "Without pictures, it didn't happen" :)

Greg Scull
04-27-2010, 10:47 PM
I was able to land a 1988 uni for 225.00. It has a few problems. 3ph and no fence. A vfd and the Biesemeyer off my delta contractors saw will fix that. Now I'll be looking for a decent fence for the contactors saw if anyone has a take off from an upgrade they'll part with. I'm keeping the contractor though. Getting rid of my old craftsman. It's been a good saw.

Depends on how old that delta contractors saw is. I have the original off of my Delta/Rockwell 34-338 that is collecting dust after its upgrade to a Unifence.

Mike Cruz
04-28-2010, 7:51 AM
Ugh, Dan, I can't believe I fell for a gloat with no pics....I am so ashamed...

On the other hand, he never did mention a "gloat". Just stated a fact. Oh, never mind, I can't save face, can I?...:o

Chip Lindley
04-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Ah, Yes, the elusive (and invisible) $225.00 Unisaw!! But, I'll take your word for it. If yours has the dust door, you are $100 ahead of the game! In an old FWW article, it was figured that the average bargain 3-phase Uni cost $600 or more by the time necessary upgrades were added. And that was in '90s dollars! (but also before eBay or CL as a source for parts) The 3-ph motor may, or may not, be a problem for you.

My experience (back in the '90s) with a 1947 Unisaw for $310 ended up costing around $700 for refurbishing and upgrades, but still worth it! Wayy better TS than the Crapsman it replaced!