PDA

View Full Version : Gotta old garage door opener remote?

Dennis Peacock
04-27-2010, 9:34 AM
I am now in need of a working remote for an older Craftsman garage door opener. My boys broke my other remote and I simply refuse to lay out $40 for one of these little remotes without asking here first to see if anyone has one laying around that they no longer need nor use.

If you have one and are willing to part with it for "on the cheap"? Please PM me so we can work it out.

Jim Rimmer
04-27-2010, 10:00 AM
When I bought my current house the remotes were broken/missing. I bought replacements at the BORG. Don't remember the cost but they were cheap; I'm thinking $10 range or so. Packaging tells you what units they will work with and instructions tell you how to connect. I just bought a new truck and was able to program the onboard garage remote to a 12-13 year old opener.

glenn bradley
04-27-2010, 4:06 PM
The did use to be about $10. They were $20 a few years ago and over $30 the last time I looked. They must be getting harder and harder to make ;-)

Greg Cuetara
04-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Dennis give me a PM if you are still interested. I just replaced out an old craftsman and have two remotes. The back of one says 139.53879 and K1026. They worked ok when i had the door in service so no promises but could be worth a try.

Greg

Bill Orbine
04-29-2010, 8:26 AM
You could visit Linear website and see if you can find a replacement.

http://www.linearcorp.com/products.php

You'll need to know the frequency of your exisitng garage door reciever. They've got transmitter in the 10 to 15 dollar range. Also, pay attention to the codes settings so you can be sure to get the right one.

Regards, Bill