PDA

View Full Version : What to do with a scrap chair leg?

Tom Winship
04-27-2010, 8:58 AM
For those of you who build Maloof inspired rockers, if you scrap a back leg here's what you do.
Stick it back in a corner and after you have hip surgery, make a cane out of it. Unique and very functional
Tom

Brian Loucks
04-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Tom,
Very nice... you must get stopped alot to talk about your cane.
Just the other day I passed an elderly gentleman in town with a cane that was shaped as a hand saw. From a distance it looked like maple with a mahogany handle. I'll have to watch for him, (pretty small town). I bet he has some good stories.
BRIAN

Doug Shepard
04-27-2010, 1:27 PM
Where were you 13 months ago after I broke my hip and got a replacement?
I would have been cruisin in style with one of those.:cool:

Rick Moyer
04-27-2010, 3:13 PM
When I first glanced at the pic (before I read the text) I though you made the door knob so a dog could open the door:confused::)!
that was also before I enlarged the picture. I guess I should wear my glasses.

Tom Winship
04-27-2010, 5:36 PM
I guess that is a lesson to all of us, Rick. Thinks are not always as they seem?

David Gregory
04-27-2010, 7:29 PM
3000 years ago men cursed and beat the ground with sticks and they called it witchcraft. Today.......they call it golf. Scrap chair leg? Stick? Cow pasture pool anyone?

Belinda Barfield
04-28-2010, 6:06 AM
My first thought was to use it to whack unruly men over the head, but that's just me. :rolleyes: You put it to a much better use. :D Very stylish!

It would also make a good possum poker if you need to make sure if one is alive or not.

Myk Rian
04-28-2010, 8:19 PM
My first thought was to use it to whack unruly men over the head, but that's just me.
Just like a woman. :D
Might be put to better use giving it to a caveman to clunk his woman over the head.:)

Belinda Barfield
04-29-2010, 6:54 AM
Just like a woman. :D
Might be put to better use giving it to a caveman to clunk his woman over the head.:)

I yam what I yam!:D

Tom Winship
04-29-2010, 7:44 PM
It is very stable, being made from mesquite. After church last week, the little hell-yuns (every church has them) were running through the foyer. The 7 year old hit the cane (luckily I had my full weight on it) and it didn't budge. He almost went down, but I thought, there are other ways to not spare the rod.:D:D:D