PDA

View Full Version : Hand tool workshop needed some light...

Zach Dillinger
04-25-2010, 8:53 PM
I've been frustrated with the lack of light in my shop since my wife and I bought our new home last year. It has made my shop time less than pleasant, as I really don't like fluorescent light. This weekend I rectified the situation by putting in some salvaged windows. See the pics here. http://bit.ly/GUZP4

Robert Rozaieski
04-26-2010, 7:29 AM
Fantastic! You'll love it! I have only one tiny little window in my shop, but it makes a big difference. I will often work in there during the day without turning the overhead lights on as I much prefer the natural raking light from the window to flooding overhead artificial light. Of course, I don't get much time in there during the day due to that job thing that gets in the way, but it's nice when I do.

Zach Dillinger
04-26-2010, 9:20 AM
Fantastic! You'll love it! I have only one tiny little window in my shop, but it makes a big difference. I will often work in there during the day without turning the overhead lights on as I much prefer the natural raking light from the window to flooding overhead artificial light. Of course, I don't get much time in there during the day due to that job thing that gets in the way, but it's nice when I do.

Yeah, I know what you mean. My day job keeps me out of the shop a lot, especially during an election year, but I'm doing my best!

Jim Koepke
04-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Looks very nice and adds value to the home overall.

Now if you can just get truckers to park outside at night and leave their headlights on...

jim

Russell Sansom
04-27-2010, 4:53 AM
Zach, I might suggest you store away a few spare panes of glass or plexiglass!

Joe Cunningham
04-27-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm not sure which is cooler, the windows or the toolboxes you scored. :D

Paul Incognito
04-27-2010, 1:54 PM
And you have a nice view.
Nice yard.
PI