PDA

View Full Version : Milescraft circle/edge guide

Matt Meiser
04-25-2010, 12:40 PM
I bought one of these when Lowe's cleared them out and right now I'm not so sure it was even worth the $12 I paid for it. First, the knobs are complete junk, but luckily 1/4-20 thread so I can upgrade them.

Bigger problem is that the Turn-Lock ring moves about 1/32. The only solution I can think of so far is use CA glue or epoxy and glue it in place. Based on this experience I probably won't be buying anything else from them so it shouldn't hinder usability.

Anyone else have one and get it working satisfactorily?

Matt Meiser
05-12-2010, 6:12 PM
An update on this. I contacted Milescraft and after a few questions they said they'd send replacement parts. Today I received a whole new system. It has the exact same problem. :(

Brad Pearce
05-12-2010, 8:00 PM
I purchased the same. Junk, this thing was so floppy! Then, I actually took the time to make one myself out of birch plywood and a hand-turned knob, should have started there...

Dave Gaul
05-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Mine isn't perfect either, but for what I've used it for so far, it has sufficed.

I do have the Milescraft Sign Maker Pro & the Inlay kit, and a set of Milescraft turn lock bushings... these all work very well, much better than the circle/edge guide kit.... so don't have to give up on the Milescraft...

Oh, and I got the bushing set on clearance at lowe's for $8