PDA

View Full Version : sCOREd!

George Guadiane
04-24-2010, 8:59 PM
OK, it took a little longer than I wanted, and I didn't make the tolerances too close so that I would get them all, but here they are, my first mass coring, ready to go into boxes till November or so.
Largest is 14 1/2 roughed. I AnchorSealed the outsides.

Steve Schlumpf
04-24-2010, 9:01 PM
Wow - Congrats! Looks like it was quite the job! You sure are going to have some beautiful bowls when they are finished!

John Keeton
04-24-2010, 9:16 PM
That sure is some purty Ambrosia!!

David E Keller
04-24-2010, 9:17 PM
Nice work... Looking forward to seeing them finished. Who ordered the funnel?:eek::D

George Guadiane
04-24-2010, 9:24 PM
Thanks folks, I'm feeling pretty good about this so far.

Nice work... Looking forward to seeing them finished. Who ordered the funnel?:eek::D
You mean the "MIRROR FRAME!!!";):D
Seriously, that's how I knew it was time to quit the first night. It was a dumb mistake on my part... I have one more mid sized bowl to core, but it was giving me trouble LAST night, so I stopped... I don't need it for the order so I'll let it rest for now.

Steve Schlumpf
04-24-2010, 9:26 PM
You could put a pedestal on it and call it a compote! Made it custom just for them!

Bernie Weishapl
04-24-2010, 9:28 PM
Great looking bunch of bowls George. Absolutely beautiful funnel.:D;):rolleyes::cool:
Well done.

Roger Chandler
04-24-2010, 10:00 PM
That is awesome dude!:D

Richard Madison
04-24-2010, 11:39 PM
Dang, George, that's more than I do in a whole day, and you did all those before breakfast!

But seriously, please refresh failing memory re. what coring system you use. Going to be some beautiful bowls about time for Christmas presents.

kenneth walker
04-24-2010, 11:44 PM
Thats some nice wood you have there. Great job coring. Ken

Rich Stewart
04-25-2010, 12:55 AM
Sure is a way to save wood. How many bowls have I turned into shavings? Looks like a corer could EASILY pay for itself in no time. Nice job.

alex carey
04-25-2010, 2:25 AM
that looks like such a fun day.

George Guadiane
04-25-2010, 5:49 AM
Dang, George, that's more than I do in a whole day, and you did all those before breakfast!

But seriously, please refresh failing memory re. what coring system you use. Going to be some beautiful bowls about time for Christmas presents.

I have the OneWay system. A friend needed to raise some capital and I wanted a coring system AND I happened to have a few bucks at the time, so I bought that one. Unless I'm too tired to think, it works really well and is pretty uncomplicated.

Sure is a way to save wood. How many bowls have I turned into shavings? Looks like a corer could EASILY pay for itself in no time. Nice job.

"Pay for itself?" Only if you are going to sell bowls. I hadn't really planned on it, but it was another (toy um) TOOL and that WAS the reason that I gave for "needing" it. Then this woman contacted me to make bowls, so now the toy becomes a profit making tool.

I have to say, my wife has been really understanding about my turning "career." I started out telling her that I could probably be profitable in six months (and that was after one symposium and turning one pen I think that tells you how delusional I can be.), and she's supported me around this for a little over six years so far.
Last year, I actually took in more than I spent, and this year looks like I MIGHT do the same.

Anyway, thanks again for the kind comments.

John Tomasello jr
04-25-2010, 11:17 AM
Outstanding maple, bowls should look fantastic when finished. That's one heck of a funnel.

Richard Madison
04-25-2010, 3:05 PM
Thanks George. I tried that other system and found the learning curve too steep to climb. Congrats on that bowl order!