PDA

View Full Version : Couple bowls and an excuse

bob svoboda
04-24-2010, 4:02 PM
Honest honey, I can't figure out how those shavings get in the house...:D

The bowls are spalted maple and walnut (1st ever attempt at square)
The dog is Dozo
C and C always more than welcome.

Steve Schlumpf
04-24-2010, 4:35 PM
Love the photo with your dog!

Nice bowls! Really like the spalted maple! Square forms are always pretty cool - seem to catch people off guard and grab attention!

Nice work on everything!

David E Keller
04-24-2010, 5:15 PM
Nice work, Bob. My dog loves to roll in the shavings at the base of my MM.

I really like the spalted maple bowl, but the walnut piece is nice too.

Baxter Smith
04-24-2010, 5:22 PM
Nice dog, and bowls too. I like the shape of the maple one. Have never tried a square bowl but keep reminding myself I should every time I see one.

John Keeton
04-24-2010, 9:13 PM
Bob, very nice work on both! I like the maple one, a little more, but the walnut is a very close second! BTW, if you were trying for square, you missed it!! The dang corners are gone!:eek::D

Bernie Weishapl
04-24-2010, 9:38 PM
Bob those are some nice looking bowls. Really like the square one.

Bob you need to knock the chips off your shoes. I am sure the dog didn't do it.:rolleyes::cool:;):D

Steve Vaughan
04-24-2010, 10:00 PM
I like it all! The dog, the lathe, and the bowls! Nice work there!

Derek Noel
04-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Good dog Dozo!

bob svoboda
04-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Bob, very nice work on both! I like the maple one, a little more, but the walnut is a very close second! BTW, if you were trying for square, you missed it!! The dang corners are gone!:eek::D

Round corners are the result of several "design opportunities":rolleyes: Thankfully, like Mariner baseball, there's always next time!

Ken Fitzgerald
04-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Round corners are the result of several "design opportunities":rolleyes: Thankfully, like Mariner baseball, there's always next time!

Ain't that the truth!

Nice bowls Bob. I favor the maple one.

John Tomasello jr
04-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Unique twist on the square bowl looks good.

John Hart
04-25-2010, 1:20 PM
Took me a while to decide...I really like the shape and wood of the spalted maple the goodest. Nice work.

John W Dixon
04-25-2010, 2:25 PM
Great looking bowls. I love pics of shop dogs!:D

John

Greg Bender
04-25-2010, 2:43 PM
Bob,
both bowls look great although I love spalted maple so I have to lean towards that one.Of course you always need a shop dog on the job.What are the dimensions on the maple bowl?
Greg

bob svoboda
04-25-2010, 3:30 PM
Bob,
both bowls look great although I love spalted maple so I have to lean towards that one.Of course you always need a shop dog on the job.What are the dimensions on the maple bowl?
Greg
Greg....The maple is approximately 7.5" wide and 4" tall. You are absolutely right about the dog!:cool: