PDA

View Full Version : router extension tables and lifts?

Andy Maldoror
04-24-2010, 1:04 AM
for those with router table extensions...and more-so for those who have seen or compared more than one...
which do you prefer and why?

I like the looks of the Peachtree extension from the shop in atlanta.
what about the bench dog or the Black Jack?

i've read good reviews on the bench dog and how solid it is, but i prefer the milled miter track on the others over the t-track...although i haven't done enough woodworking yet to know if this kind of track might be useful to me. i think i also remember reading that the peachtree fence wasn't great. and i've read that people have tried using their table saw fences, but most eventually switch to a dedicated fence. are there other fences that would fit the peachtree? or would my bies fence work well enough?

as for the router lifts...i've got a vintage d handled Rockwell 537 speedmatic router. anyone know if it will fit the lifts, or are they only for the new PC router?

any thoughts,
andy

John Morrison60
04-24-2010, 1:39 PM
Andy

I have a Benchdog CI extension, a Woodpecker VRL2 lift, and a
Milwaukee 5625 router.

I like all the pieces. The extension is flat and works well on the T.S.
the router has all the power needed, and the lift provides easy bit change,
precise adjustment, and quick setup.

It is a Win, Win, Win, as far as I am concerned.

I have a small shop, so the first motivation was efficient use of space.
The rest of the deal is bonus.

Good Luck
John Morrison

Andy Maldoror
04-26-2010, 4:28 PM
anyone have any other ideas?

will any lifts work with my older router?

Derek Gilmer
04-26-2010, 8:30 PM
I've got a Unilift and love it. It won't lift a router as high as the motor only lifts will so it is hampered there. But for plunge routers or routers that don't have a lift for them it is great. The base plate is drilled for many different routers so yours probably will, or can fit with a little custom drilling.

Michael Heffernan
04-26-2010, 8:37 PM
As for compatibility with your router, you probably want to contact the manufacturers of the lifts to ensure that your old Rockwell router will work. Call or email, Woodpeckers, Incra, Jessem, BenchDog, etc. and ask them directly. It may be the same body dims as one of the compatible routers that they list in their spec sheets.