PDA

View Full Version : A new young turner

David E Keller
04-23-2010, 11:52 PM
Here's a shot of my four year old helping me rough out a pen. He loves 'helping' me... I hope that lasts.

Bernie Weishapl
04-24-2010, 12:27 AM
David that is awesome. It doesn't get any better than that.

John Keeton
04-24-2010, 7:01 AM
David, that is a great pic!! Neat effect with the "flying chips." Getting him started young is the key.

I wish some of my flock of kids and grandkids had an interest in woodworking, but seems the theme these days is to stay constantly on the move with soccer games, baseball, etc. On any given weekend, we will have grandkids playing soccer in at least two states - not sure that is a healthy arrangement. No quiet time, no shared time (other than traveling to games in a made rush, no creative interests......am I just getting old?!?!?

Tony De Masi
04-24-2010, 7:04 AM
Now that's a cool picture.

Tony

John Hart
04-24-2010, 7:40 AM
Sheesh..he looks like me when I was a kid!!

You're in trouble David. :eek:

John Keeton
04-24-2010, 9:32 AM
Sheesh..he looks like me when I was a kid!!

You're in trouble David. :eek:Yeah, but John, you have taken the road less traveled, and your mileage may have affected the outcome....just sayin'... maybe the boy will have a better ride!!:D;)

John Hart
04-24-2010, 9:35 AM
Yeah, but John, you have taken the road less traveled, and your mileage may have affected the outcome....just sayin'... maybe the boy will have a better ride!!:D;)

Ain't that the truth. I need some better tires....and shocks.....and struts...a little grease.....new paint job......

Paul Douglass
04-24-2010, 9:51 AM
David, that picture is PRICELESS! I envy you and enjoy as much of that kind of time as you can with your children. Kids enyoy that. All the running around and soccer stuff is probably more for parents egos than it is for the kids. I have soccer grandkids and on the rare occasions they get to stay with me, they work with me in the shop. They love it.

Steve Schlumpf
04-24-2010, 9:54 AM
Excellent photo David! Nothing better than creating memories! Absolutely love the photo!

Thanks for sharing! Made my day!

Baxter Smith
04-24-2010, 10:08 AM
Great picture. I am sure he got a thrill!