PDA

View Full Version : WORD doc pasted into Corel

Sandy Henry
04-23-2010, 12:04 PM
Is it possible to import or paste text from WORD to Corel & get rid of the text boxes while retaining text format & not converting to curves? I de-select "text frame" and they are not visible but they are still there.
Thank you for any advise! Sandy

Tim Bateson
04-23-2010, 12:36 PM
It use to work with older version of Word. Try moving the text to Notepad, then copying from there to Corel. Then Convert to Paragraph Text.

Lee DeRaud
04-23-2010, 12:57 PM
I de-select "text frame" and they are not visible but they are still there.I guess I don't see the problem...if they're not visible, they won't print/engrave, will they?

Mike Null
04-23-2010, 1:00 PM
Sandy

Pretty much as Tim says but first save the file as a text file the open it in Notepad and copy it to Corel.

Sandy Henry
04-23-2010, 1:04 PM
Trouble converting to Para. Text. I found a way to "convert" but problem remians. Nothing offered to "convert to para. text" Oh well, I'll probably move forward faster if I just start re-typing in Corel. Its only 4400 names! Thank you anyway. Sandy

Sandy Henry
04-23-2010, 1:07 PM
Invisible frame makes is very difficult to center the text in my Corel artwork.

Sandy Henry
04-23-2010, 1:16 PM
I saved as text, opened in Notepad, copy / pasted to Corel, now the text frame is 35.8" long - before it was 10.5". Thanks anyway!

George D Gabert
04-23-2010, 1:19 PM
You might want to save to excel file, and then use Roy Brewers print merge into corel

Regards
GDG

Carl Sewell
04-23-2010, 1:56 PM
Try Edit> "Paste Special" and select Rich Text or Text in CorelDraw.

Lee DeRaud
04-23-2010, 1:57 PM
Invisible frame makes is very difficult to center the text in my Corel artwork.Ah. I would have expected the box to be symmetric enough (i.e. centered on the enclosed text) for that not to be a problem, but apparently not.

Mike Null
04-23-2010, 2:10 PM
Did you attempt to convert it to artistic text?

Martin Boekers
04-23-2010, 2:35 PM
Try Edit> "Paste Special" and select Rich Text or Text in CorelDraw.

Then go to text (dropdown) select convert to Artistic text.

If they are just single names you can then go to Arrange (dropdown) select break apart artistic text, this will seperate the words.

Just make sure all fonts and sizing are done before hand.

Marty

Sandy Henry
04-23-2010, 4:40 PM
Martin!! It worked! Thanks to everyone! Sandy

Bill Cunningham
04-27-2010, 7:39 PM
My artwork specification page tells customers "Please do not send us .doc files, We can't use them for anything" Well, sometimes we can suck text out, but generally their a pain in the butt, and corel won't import useful graphics from them...

George M. Perzel
04-28-2010, 8:21 AM
Hi Gang;
I guess I'm missing something as I've never had a problem either importing a Word doc or copying and pasting text or graphics from a Word doc into Corel.
Once imported or pasted (Paste special- Picture metafile), convert to artistic text and then treat as any normal text- convert to any font or size.
Or maybe I have the only copy of the special upstate NY version of Corel??
Best regards;
George
LaserArts

Mike Null
04-28-2010, 8:56 AM
George pointed out a way to cut and paste Word Docs that I had not been familiar with. In order to paste first go to the edit menu then follow George's or Carl's instructions.

Thanks George and Carl. (12 years I've been using a work around to do that)

Neal Schlee
04-28-2010, 11:44 AM
One thing i've found when importing Word Doc's into CD is if it's a multi page doc you need to get all the text on one page before converting to Artistic text.

Neal