PDA

View Full Version : Three step stool (pics)

Daniel Rabinovitz
04-02-2003, 11:52 AM
So that you folks don't think that I can't do anything but sit here and read threads and breath air.
Just completed this, second project for the woodworking season 2003.
:D

Mike Vermeil
04-02-2003, 12:00 PM
Nice work Daniel.

Do people ever say you look like Sheriff Bufford T. Justice? (No offense, just for laughs)

Steve Clardy
04-02-2003, 12:39 PM
Is that maybe for the kitchen, or getting up face to face with the Boss?
I like the painted, stained contrast. Steve

Daniel Rabinovitz
04-02-2003, 12:54 PM
Mike, Nobody as of late has made mention of our similarities. Brought a big chuckle to me as I read your reply.

Steve,
LOML does the painting. The stool is made of Hickory steps treads and poplar sides and pine cross braces. The cross braces are dovetailed in.
Say! I am looking at Accuride slides right now on Cabinetparts.com I am designing a mobile cabinet for the Performax 16-32 with the Delta Planer under it. The planer is going to slide out at an angle to raise it into a workable height. So looking at model 3640 Accuride (200 lb.) slides.
What do you think? Can you use the slides without the handrails?
Oh! almost forgot - it is made for getting up in the world or just placing flower pots on, or whatever you want to use it for. But your suggestions may hit it right on.
I have tested it for 280 lbs. of loveliness!

Von Bickley
04-02-2003, 3:21 PM
Daniel,

Great looking step stool. Thanks for letting us see it.

Tom Sweeney
04-02-2003, 4:23 PM
I like it a lot - I think I might try to make one with a crackle finish to match a shelf I'm going to make.

Steve Clardy
04-02-2003, 4:25 PM
Steve,

Say! I am looking at Accuride slides right now on Cabinetparts.com I am designing a mobile cabinet for the Performax 16-32 with the Delta Planer under it. The planer is going to slide out at an angle to raise it into a workable height. So looking at model 3640 Accuride (200 lb.) slides.
What do you think? Can you use the slides without the handrails?
Oh! almost forgot - it is made for getting up in the world or just placing flower pots on, or whatever you want to use it for. But your suggestions may hit it right on.
I have tested it for 280 lbs. of loveliness! [/B][/QUOTE]
Dan. Slides outa work ok. You actually could get by with 100 lb. slides though. That Delta probably weighs less that 100?. hose slides are rated per slide. Steve

John Lucas
04-02-2003, 5:07 PM
Daniel,
Help me visualize what you want to do with Delta planer and teh Performax 16-32...I have been trying to come up with a way to see-saw the two...

Daniel Rabinovitz
04-03-2003, 4:37 PM
John
It's pretty hard for me to describe what I am going to do with the Sander-Planer mobile cabinet.
But I'll try. the Sander will Sit front to back on top. As you would think that it should. You would put wood through it from right to left.
The planer will sit under the right hand side - 25 inches. But at 90 degrees to the sander. So when using you would put the wood through it from front to back. It will sit on a wedge shaped tray which will slide out at an upward angle. To keep it up there, a 2/4 with dadoes to slide down into the back "sides" of the wedged shaped tray.
Now you have to start thinking in 3D.
To keep the whole cabinet from tipping over, I am going to build another tray that will fit under the left hand side of the cabinet. It will have the mortiser and table drill press sitting on it. It will slide out horizontally to take those item off. That's enough weight to offset the weight of the planer.
John, I'll be glad to answer more questions but when I get it done, you'll see the photos. I promise!
Right now waiting for the MDO to come in, maybe next week. I am going to make the front and back 1-1/2 inch thick.
By the way, I really appreciate your website - have looked at it many times and studied your processes and techniques. You aren't as pretty as your assistant but then again neither am I - Didn't someone say "Boss Hog".
I am trying to keep terminology standardized right to left and front to back.

John Lucas
04-03-2003, 5:13 PM
Dan,
I think I see how you are doing it...I wouldnt have thoughts of the angled slide and I am not sure that will work, but it sure is an interesting thought.