PDA

View Full Version : Mule fence owners.... Question

Bill Huber
04-22-2010, 10:11 PM
On the far end of the fence is a nylon block that has a slot in it. When you put the fence on you slide the back angle in the slot.

But why is there a slot, its not going any where and the only thing that it does is keep you from lifting the fence up at the back which you never do.

So I cut it off, just the bottom part and it makes it much easier to put it on and I have found noting that it effects in its operation.

Got any ideas what problems I could have?

fRED mCnEILL
04-23-2010, 2:22 AM
If you have something like a vertical featherboard attached to the fence there is nothing keeping the fence from lifting negating the effect of the featherboard.

Phil Thien
04-23-2010, 8:38 AM
If you have something like a vertical featherboard attached to the fence there is nothing keeping the fence from lifting negating the effect of the featherboard.

Also some people use fences for routing, too, where you'd want to prevent the read of the fence from lifting.

Bill Huber
04-23-2010, 9:11 AM

Good point, I never thought of that.

thanks

Pat Germain
04-23-2010, 4:53 PM
I also have a Mulecab fence. I sometimes use "board buddies" that fit into the fence slots. If I removed the slot at the back, the wheels wouldn't work.

When I first got the fence, I emailed the manufacturer about the thing on the back. I got a prompt reply which explained I could remove it and the fence would still work fine.