PDA

View Full Version : use & care / disclaimer question ?

John Beaver
04-22-2010, 7:43 PM
Does anyone put a use and care guide or any kind of disclaimer with their work.

I have little cards with description of the piece and could easily write something on the back

What are your opinions on this?

I'd love to see what others do.

Thanks for sharing.

Allen Neighbors
04-22-2010, 7:52 PM
I do put a "How to Care for your Bowl" note with each one, but I don't put any sort of disclaimer with it.

Bernie Weishapl
04-22-2010, 7:55 PM
I do have a little business card with my utility items. It explains not to put items in the dishwasher or put in a sink and soak. I tell them to wash with warm water, dry with a paper towel and then let air dry then put away. Most of the artsy type I just tell them to wipe or dust with a soft cloth and don't usually put cards with those.

Greg Ketell
04-22-2010, 8:27 PM
I do for my pens. Covers
Thanks for buying
Pen is made of
Regular maintenance is (if any)
Takes this kind of refill
Don't subject to temperature extremes (like leaving it in a car)
Warrantied for years except against abuse
Contact info

Richard Madison
04-22-2010, 10:38 PM
I have one printed sheet for care, storage and shipping for most items, and a second sheet for utility bowls like segmented walnut salad bowls done recently, and request to contact me if any problem with the latter. No disclaimer per se.

Reed Gray
04-23-2010, 12:20 AM
This bowl has been finished with Mike Mahoney walnut oil and wax (www.bowlmakerinc.com). These are the best oils I have found to use. You can also use walnut oil from the grocery store. Wipe out well after use, rinse and wash as needed. Hand wash only, do not soak. You can sue mild soap or table salt and a wedge of lemon or lime. Rinse well, and air dry, or towel dry. Reapply oil as needed. Wood bowls need to breathe, so don't store in an air tight container.

I need to add, do not put in the micro wave, or refrigerator. Most bowls, especially if they are used a lot need little or no reoiling as most foods have oil in them. Wash with soap if the inside starts to feel a bit gummy. Just about any oil will work, but don't leave any excess on the wood. Apply, let soak in for a bit, then wipe off any excess. Mahoney's walnut oil will eventually cure and harden, but the vegetable oils won't. Mineral oil does almost nothing and dries out very quickly. It us usually the main ingredient in commercial 'salad/butcher block' oils.

robo hippy