PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a file

Lee DeRaud
04-22-2010, 7:29 PM
I downloaded a file from somewhere (probably from here) back in May of 2008. The good news is, I still actually have the file. The bad news is, I can't remember where/who I got it from. Filename is "Table_top.ai": it's a gorgeously complex circular pattern that I'm using for a veneer project at the moment. I wanted to check with the author if possible to (1) make sure it's ok to use this file and/or (2) give him/her credit when/if I post the results.

But I can't seem to figure out how to search for an attachment file name...or even verify if that's possible. The obvious search terms either give zero or way too many results...my google-fu is weak.

Dan Hintz
04-22-2010, 7:32 PM
Could it have been Onur Cakir? He has had some really interesting geometric patterns in the past...

Lee DeRaud
04-22-2010, 7:37 PM
Could it have been Onur Cakir? He has had some really interesting geometric patterns in the past...His posts don't go back far enough.
(Assuming of course that the "last modified" date on the file is when I downloaded it...)

Dan Hintz
04-22-2010, 7:42 PM
Not many people post AI files, so that may help narrow it down just a little...

Lee DeRaud
04-22-2010, 7:45 PM
Here's a rough JPG of the design, if that helps jog anyone's memory...

Lee DeRaud
04-22-2010, 7:50 PM
Not many people post AI files, so that may help narrow it down just a little...You'd hope so, but as near as I can tell, the search function ignores signatures.

Dan Hintz
04-22-2010, 8:27 PM
Definitely looks like something Onur would post... I feel like I've seen that design before, though. Have you tried the art books sold for kids at Michael's craft store? Can't remember the name of the company that publishes them, but they're detailed images just like that meant for coloring.

James Stokes
04-23-2010, 2:55 PM
I remember the posts, would have been about 4 years ago. I have the files but nothing else. The files were posted to use though.

Dan Hintz
04-23-2010, 3:27 PM
Lee,

See if Keith would be willing to help you search on that particular file. since they're copying all files to a DVD for sale, he should be able to nail down when the containing post was made. Once that's done,it should make searching for it a short order.

Lee DeRaud
04-23-2010, 4:13 PM
The files were posted to use though.Good to know...was it one of yours?

James Stokes
04-23-2010, 5:43 PM
No it was not mine but who ever posted that posted about 4 files. It seems like the title was geometric files and they were posted because some one was looking for the Aztec calender. My memory is not much good any more at one time in history I could have given you the name of the post and who made it. Now I am lucky to remember my name and what month it is.

Lee DeRaud
04-23-2010, 6:12 PM
It seems like the title was geometric files and they were posted because some one was looking for the Aztec calender.That actually helps quite a bit: I'll look for threads with the Aztec calendar thingy in it...much easier search term than "tabletop".

(After I work up some more energy, that is...)