PDA

View Full Version : Corel X4 Question

rich shepard
04-22-2010, 5:35 PM
I have been using Western normal font for my directions and now after they took a virus out on the computer Corel will not load it in the active font library. It says it is in my font file but can not load into the active file doe the same with a few others I have used before. When I try to move it over says unable to load this fontAny Ideas
thanks
rich

San DiegoEdSapp
04-22-2010, 9:07 PM
Are you able to use it in another program such as MS Word, etc? You may need to reinstall it, rather than moving it from one file to another.

rich shepard
04-22-2010, 9:42 PM
Thanks but did get it to load the font in the active files after about ten tries it decided to work. Don't know about this computer been doing strange things after the virus.
thanks
rich

Bill Cunningham
04-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Maybe they didn't get all the viruses out! Try the symantics online scan, and see if it detects anything!

San DiegoEdSapp
04-22-2010, 11:46 PM
I agree with Bill. It sounds like you need to have it cleaned. I hate worst case's but I have had to wipe hard drives for some of my customers and re-install everything. The real problem is if you don't have all of the original system drivers or original install software then you can have a real problem. What I don't know enough about (yet) is if you are exposing your laser motherboard to a possible infection. That could be really bad...

Ed

Dan Hintz
04-23-2010, 11:30 AM
What I don't know enough about (yet) is if you are exposing your laser motherboard to a possible infection. That could be really bad...
They don't run an OS, so it's not possible to be infected by the same types of viruses infecting Windows/Mac/Linux machines.