PDA

View Full Version : I love my -not a gloat-

Keith Christopher
11-15-2004, 8:23 PM
Osborne miter gauge. attached is a photo of some window casing I put in my daughters room today. The photo is of one of the corners I could post 3 others the same. I used my TS and osborne gauge and this is ONE cut set on 45% (WWII blade) no trim cuts no touchups and as you see I haven't even filled the nail holes or repaied the splitting from my help nailing them too close. (I'll post a finished pic. :P ) But when they say this gauge is dead on, man they mean it. I am just amazed how I lived with my stock miter gauge for so long. This is not a gloat but I love when something works as described.

Ed Falis
11-15-2004, 9:27 PM
It's a fine tool, Keith. I love mine too.

- Ed

David Eisan
11-16-2004, 7:23 AM
Keith,

Nice Mitre, but you suck at nailing :) :) :) :) :)

David.

Keith Christopher
11-17-2004, 12:02 PM
Funny thing about that nailing job, I predrilled those holes and when the finish nailer head sunkin (using a nail set) it split. So I drove it all the way in and then nailed near it. This has motivated me to buy a finish nailer. I have a pinner, stapler and brad nailer. but after doing these moldings (I have 2 more rooms to go) I am buying a finish nailer. A little glue, some wood filler and some paint and that corner now looks like this:

Ed Falis
11-17-2004, 12:06 PM
Not Bondo?

- Ed

Keith Christopher
11-17-2004, 4:20 PM
Well if I used bondo I'd have made a really cool design ! Hehehe.

Ted Shrader
11-17-2004, 5:39 PM
Keith -

You are going to love having a finish nailer. Just hold the wood in place and pull the trigger. No hammer strikes to knock the piece out of alignment and it is MUCH faster.

Recommend an angled head nailer. Makes them great for getting in corners. I have a Porter Cable 15ga angled head and wpuld buy it again.

Thanks for the info on the Osborne. Looked at those the other day at the Woodcraft and I have a gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket. :) ;) :)

Regards,
Ted