PDA

View Full Version : Recipe Search

Brian Kent
04-22-2010, 2:13 PM
Why are there no recipes for leftover chocolate?

Jim O'Dell
04-22-2010, 2:17 PM
This is a trick question, right?? :D:D:D :p Jim.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-22-2010, 2:41 PM
Rhetorical?

Rod Sheridan
04-22-2010, 3:09 PM
I'm going to say Oxymoron.................Rod.

Paul Atkins
04-22-2010, 3:31 PM
Sort of like saying 'What do you do with your left over money?'

Belinda Barfield
04-22-2010, 3:48 PM
I'm looking for a recipe for left over Peeps. Maybe S'mores?

I must be really abnormal. For a cookout last summer I made chocolate mousse and raspberry filled crepes. I made the chocolate mousse and the batch was more than I needed for the cookout so I stuck it in the freezer. I found it a couple of weeks ago. So, I have left over chocolate mousse . . . now what to do with it?

Guy Mathews
04-22-2010, 4:08 PM
They have them. The problem is, in our house we don't have the ingredients to make them!:D

http://chocolate.cdkitchen.com/recipes/cat/376/

There is a recipe for Butterfingers on that website if you scroll down.

I am sure I am not going to eat a Butterfinger before it gets to the mixing bowl! (Insert choked laughter and smirks here!):D

Butterfingers in our home rarely make it past the register at the supermarket let alone to our home!

Belinda Barfield
04-22-2010, 4:14 PM
They have them. The problem is, in our house we don't have the ingredients to make them!:D

http://chocolate.cdkitchen.com/recipes/cat/376/

There is a recipe for Butterfingers on that website if you scroll down.

I am sure I am not going to eat a Butterfinger before it gets to the mixing bowl! (Insert choked laughter and smirks here!):D

Butterfingers in our home rarely make it past the register at the supermarket let alone to our home!

Guy, you just reminded me that I had a friend years ago (yeah, just the one) and she made homemade Butterfinger and Heath Bar ice creams every 4th of July. They were so good. Trust me, the ice cream is worth denying yourself the immediate satisfaction of eating the candy.

Joe Pelonio
04-22-2010, 9:36 PM
I have just the thing for leftover Peeps, but unfortunately our garbage truck drivers just went on strike.

We actually have a lot of chocolate left from Easter, people gave it to us but we are trying to be good. Eventually it will expire, dry out, and be useless, so I may have to open some tonight after reading these posts.

mickey cassiba
04-22-2010, 9:40 PM
Prolly the rarest substance in the Universe...I haven't seen any for...well...nope, never seen it.

Glen Butler
04-22-2010, 9:50 PM
I'm looking for a recipe for left over Peeps. Maybe S'mores?

Pour ingredients into 13 gallon garbage can, mix with garbage, dispose in a 150 degree trash can. Peeps are yuck!:D

Belinda Barfield
04-23-2010, 6:22 AM
I have just the thing for leftover Peeps, but unfortunately our garbage truck drivers just went on strike.

Pour ingredients into 13 gallon garbage can, mix with garbage, dispose in a 150 degree trash can. Peeps are yuck!:D

While Christmas shopping last year my mother saw a display of Peeps snowmen. She remembered that I loved Peeps when I was a little girl. Funny thing was, I don't remember loving Peeps! I still have Peeps left over from Christmas. :eek: How sad is that? I keep thinking I'll run into someone who likes them. I think I need to throw them away today.:o

Mitchell Andrus
04-23-2010, 7:24 AM

WHAT????

Left over Peeps... no such thing. As long as they haven't been hiding under the couch since last Easter, stale Peeps are a food group around here. 3 days old. Mmmmmmmm.

Mitchell Andrus
04-23-2010, 7:34 AM
I think I need to throw them away today.:o

Hey, watch what you type here....They can READ.

Belinda Barfield
04-23-2010, 7:42 AM
Too funny, Mitchell! Stay tuned folks for the Attack of the Killer Peeps. Maybe I should ship the snowmen to you and they can keep the chicks company.

Joe Pelonio
04-23-2010, 8:07 AM
Peeps? You might as well eat a spoonful of sugar.:rolleyes:

Belinda Barfield
04-23-2010, 8:35 AM

That's the absolute truth for me, Joe. I actually like Peeps, and I LOVE chocolate. Problem is, they like me, too. So much so that they want to stay with me forever.:rolleyes:

Mitchell Andrus
04-23-2010, 8:49 AM

Spoonful? .... singular?