PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to Lambeau I'm going to Lambeau!

Greg Peterson
04-22-2010, 12:36 AM
My siblings and I are going back to Wisconsin this fall to take dads ashes to his home town of Whitehall. We're then heading over to Green Bay to see the Packers play the Dolphins. Bought my tickets off Stubhub last evening.

The trip has been planned since last summer and we we're just hoping the Packers were going to be on home field when we were there.

We are all looking forward to our whirlwind trip through Wisconsin this fall as it has been about 35 years since we moved away. We all have great memories of the time we lived there. Oregon is a great place to call home, but Wisconsin still tugs on me after all these years.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-22-2010, 9:36 AM
Lambeau Field.......Stood there.....in a 3 piece suit and a coat one day with an FE who was working for me. Boy the wind was cold and brutal!

Greg Peterson
04-22-2010, 9:53 AM
I can guarantee you I will be a little better dressed for the conditions than you were. Plus, I'll make sure my younger brothers are on either side of me. RHIP.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Greg....enjoy the game.

I was there in the middle of the week....on a business trip.....the suit was an extremely heavy wool suit. The coat I was wearing had a zipped in liner. It is a heavy winter coat....I still have it but don't wear many suits here in Idaho!:D

I just got out and walked around thinking about all the history that had played out on that field.

I remember thinking how hard it must be to accurately pass a football and catch a football in that brutal cold.

Again....enjoy the game!

Phyllis Meyer
04-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Enjoy the game! It's such a great experience, just walking into the stadium takes your breath away!

Phyllis:)

Jerry Bruette
04-22-2010, 6:16 PM
Greg

Don't worry about Lambeau being cold in October it doesn't get cold up here until January or so.:)

I would gues you'll have a colorful drive across Wisconsin in the middle of October.

As much as I don't appreciate pro football I am looking forward to my daughters wedding reception which will be at Lambeau in November.

Enjoy the experience.
Jerry

Michael Trivette
05-26-2010, 7:43 AM
remind their QB Ryan Leaf (or whatever his name is) that he suck.

I loved the Pack long before 1990's

But sometimes when you trade away Babe ruth you deserve to be cursed for 100 years.

But on a lighter note.

HOW Bout them Vikings Ehhhh.....................

Greg Peterson
05-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Sorry Michael, but I'm a Packer fan first, a Favre fan second.

Vikings are still waiting to see who their QB will be this coming season. This is the third year in a row Favre has pulled this stunt.

Glad the Packers decided their QB is Rodgers. Now if the Pack can just do something about that O line.