PDA

View Full Version : Jointech Clincher Fence machine

Mark Woodmark
04-22-2010, 12:34 AM
After much ado, I finally received my 18 inch Clincher Fence machine from Jointech. Jointech has been moving to a new building for most of April and their phones have been down for the past two and a half weeks. Also they only answer a few of their emails. As you can guess, contacting them is a real chore. I have one employees business cell phone number, but usally he doesnt answer it and leaving messages is almost useless. Actually most of the time this persons phone mailbox is full. Anyway back to the Clincher, what a piece of junk. The thin exposed cable has what looks like an electrical spade terminal attaching it. this terminal was broke and the cable was loose. This terminal was weakened even more than it already was by someone grinding on it. The fence mounting plate with the slots in it was cocked, that is it was not parallel to the machines mounting plate. It was cocked so much that one side of it would touch your table before you could bolt the whole machine down tight. One of the screws that attaches this fence mounting plate must have stripped out its threaded hole as this screw was glued in place. One of the thin PSA paper labels indicating the fence direction when turning the adjustment knob was ripped. Needless to say, I am returning this for refund. Since I am unable to talk to a live person at Jointech, I hope they read my numerous emails I have sent them. I have attached pictures of each of the issues described above.

Chip Lindley
04-22-2010, 12:52 AM
By all means Mark, return the faulty fence! But IMO wait 'til you receive some sort of confirmation from Jointech. In their current state of disarray, send them a Certified letter with return receipt requested, including full details and photos. This way they cannot deny they received your request for refund.

Personally, I have never been a fan of the center guided fences such as Jointech or Incra. Too much wasted acerage, that may never be actually used! Just my .02....