PDA

View Full Version : My so-so review of my grizzly g0605x

Robert gree
04-21-2010, 8:29 PM
i will admit there are alot of cons but i would by the saw again.

Saw specs,

Pro's

Good fit and finish
Plenty of power ripped some 12/4 hard maple no issue
Nice fence
Smooth trunnion assembly.
Digital angle gauge is accurate,

CONS!!!
The blade guard is absoulte trash. Just wobbly and loved to get stuck and put pressure on one side of the work piece) extreme pain to just take the guard off had to use a dead blow hammer and a scrap piece of wood, this was with all screws removed,

I ran it over with the truck and decided to beat it to death (looking at aftermarket guards.

The hole in the extension wing that the fence is aspose to bolt to is not threaded it is a through hole. Called grizzly (THIS IS A KNOWN PROBLEM) i had to go buy a longer bolt and a nut.

the riving knife removal system described in the manual is completely different than the saw, i called about this and was basically told three times i can pay shipping back and they will replace my saw. Not concerned about it just erked that manual i read on the product page of the saw i ordered did not match what i got.

The zero clearance insert is by far the hardest ever to remove, I had to drill two extra holes and stick a metal rod in both and use a jack under the rod to remove it, You can see physical marks on the insert where it didnt fit and someone forced it in.

All in all i could not be happier with my purchase i payed 1800 to the door price tag was 2200 i talked them down 400 because they were getting the new models in.

Picture of the saw (just moved into new house its a storage table at the moment)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m244/F3RR3T_01/DSCF0071.jpg

Picture of the guard

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m244/F3RR3T_01/DSCF0072.jpg

Bruce Volden
04-21-2010, 8:51 PM
Robert,

I've had some fishing reels hit the concrete at about 70 mph! They were trash too! I don't think my arm could handle a blade guard though-good idea on the truck thingy :D

Bruce

Robert gree
04-21-2010, 8:53 PM
Robert,

I've had some fishing reels hit the concrete at about 70 mph! They were trash too! I don't think my arm could handle a blade guard though-good idea on the truck thingy :D

Bruce

i plan to send the pic to grizzly with the title (kickback)