PDA

View Full Version : Resaw blade discussion

Dan O'Sullivan
04-21-2010, 6:56 PM
Well sometimes seeing is believing? I used the Lenox TriMaster to cut the veneers for some drawer fronts form a crotch walnut board. The six veneer sheets 1/16+ were really consistent and easy to apply and finish out.
If you are wondering about resawing figured wood like crotch walnut or curly maple, I can't say enough about the Lenox Tri Master. Its worth every penny to me for quality and longevity. I have cut 800 feet of veneer and its like the day I took it out of the box. Again, worth every cent.

dan

Dan Karachio
04-21-2010, 8:07 PM
Very nice and glad your investment is paying off. What is your bandsaw?

Jim Rimmer
04-21-2010, 9:03 PM
I'll have to remember that when I finally get my BS

Mikail Khan
04-21-2010, 9:43 PM
I've had good results with my 1" Trimaster. I've also had good results with the $75 Laguna 1 1/4" carbide blade I got from the Deals and Discounts Forum. I have a 19" Grizzly BS.

MK

Chip Lindley
04-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Beautiful crotch walnut Dan! I, too, wonder what BS you are using! And, lets see the veneer up close. What kind of saw marks do you get with the TriMaster?

Jeff Willard
04-22-2010, 2:56 PM
What kind of saw marks do you get with the TriMaster?

I can answer that question-with a question. What saw marks?;)

Brendan Plavis
04-22-2010, 7:32 PM
Ill have to remember this.... I am going down to play with my new toy in a few(Delta 14" BS) hopefully my cheapo blade cuts... not acceptably... just cuts for now... 14tpi Lowes $5 special.... 93.5inches of not so sharpness(I caught my leg opening the blade, and didnt even scratch me...)

Well, maybe in 20 years Ill be able to afford these fancy blades.... as this was my toy for the year.... okay well maybe the next few months....

-BTP

George Brown
04-22-2010, 7:56 PM
I can answer that question-with a question. What saw marks?;)

I have the lenox blade on a 14" jet BS. Cuts well but on some boards have NO saw marks, and on some others, significant saw marks. Can't figure out a reason why it works so well on some but not all?

Jeff Willard
04-22-2010, 9:39 PM
Of course, there are saw marks, but if I'm at my best, they are so insignificant as to be non-existent. I think a consistent feed speed is key.