PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used a saw by Winsor Saw ?

Chuck Tringo
04-21-2010, 12:42 PM
I came across these guys on ebay and went to their website....prices look very reasonable but so far they only offer dovetail and carcass saws. I was wondering if anyone here has used one in person and what they think of them. Thanks in advance...

http://www.winsorsaw.com/

Tony Zaffuto
04-21-2010, 1:28 PM
Look interesting! Looked over the site and did not see any names (makers or users) that I recognized (but that really doesn't mean much). Prices look very attractive. Their sharpening services look reasonable too, although I don't know if that is just for saws they make or also for other mfgs.

Christian Castillo
04-21-2010, 1:37 PM
The saws looks very nice and are priced to move. The dovetail saw has free sharpening for the entirety of it's life and a thirty day money back guarantee, if nobody knows about these saws, I say test one out and report back. Nothing to lose, just the cost of return shipping if you don't like it. I even think it would be a good idea to get a few people together to pitch in a buck to pay for the cost of your return shipping if you would do us the favor of doing a review, I would contribute. The saws seem to be built as well as any other, use quality materials and are hand sharpened. On paper it seems like they should perform as well as any of the other saws out there.

David Weaver
04-21-2010, 1:47 PM
There's not a lot to a saw, especially a rip saw. If it's straight, it's probably fine. Looks like the same setup as anyone else's saw.

Must be a hobby for the guy to make them at that price.

There are definitely plenty of worse things to take a chance on that people do so often (like buying a stanley 55 thinking you're going to make a cabinet with all sorts of details on it).